Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can anyone recall a fall in SNE where leaf drop was done by Nov 5 like this year? I mean there’s one more minor cleanup and it’s over. Usually goes well into Tgiving . And it’s been a mild fall overall 

It was pretty early in my opinion. Certain twitter Mets disagree.   Maybe 1 week to 10 days early

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How does one see what the actual highs were for each day every year in a way where I don't need to bury myself in the catacombs of climo data for days on end. 

There are a few sites, but wxunderground has some data. Wish I could remember more "easy" sites besides the rabbit holes you speak of.  I assume you are talking about compiling the numbers.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ma/east-boston/KBOS

• Like 1

18z GFS's hitting the 15-20th period ...   Wouldn't hold one's breath over details... it's really more an homage to potential.

It's not just the sloped flow crossing the border, but the ambient baroclinicity is going to be a powder keg with an abrupt -EPO burst loading cold in, and at least a transient +PNAP working to against the SE heights.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe Stein helped.

We did have a lot of very cool and cold nights and mornings too this fall…with bright sunny days. Up until this warm spell…it’s been a gorgeous classic fall..all that and some dry conditions previously, might have helped? Who knows? But it is early imo too.   It wasn’t all that dry here like out where you are though…and oaks are almost all gone here too. 

• Like 1