Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just thought the reading was high compared to the obs. I buy 77 or so. 

sure it seems high. we know these few hundred dollar private weather stations are nothing compared to a 250K ASOS. There are multiple stations in the area that are reporting 80 or 79 though so there's that. If it was just one reading 80 and everything else around it was in 76-77 it might be a little more sus. This area, interior southern CT in the valley tends to be a hot spot more often than not i've noticed. They all could be a couple degrees high, i can't say for sure. Thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-11-07 111319.png

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

sure it seems high. we know these few hundred dollar private weather stations are nothing compared to a 250K ASOS. There are multiple stations in the area that are reporting 80 or 79 though so there's that. If it was just one reading 80 and everything else around it was in 76-77 it might be a little more sus. This area, interior southern CT in the valley tends to be a hot spot more often than not i've noticed. They all could be a couple degrees high, i can't say for sure. Thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-11-07 111319.png

LOL Sus. I'm not trying to bust chops...just that it seemed high by 2-3F. It definitely can happen...hell it happens with mine too at certain times of the day when the leaves are gone even with a shield. 

I know Wundermap has a lot of PWS that are Sus. Not many people care about the sitings. Do you have a shield..or in the shade? Near anything that could be warm like a driveway, house, some sort of structure etc?

Looks like we may be heading for some impressive snow totals up there in the Dakotas… perhaps even eye-popping. I mean they’re going to be getting mangled aggregate mixed with stuck together sleet bombs …going over to powdered snow and then falling at choke intensities with winds gusting probably over 45 miles an hour for a solid 15 hours up there … Heh could easily see that being one of these attribution wet dreams. 

Anyway doesn’t last unusually long but looks like some unusual heavy snowfall rates for an area the country that typically has more cold and wind associated with their winter storms rather than super deep snow. Would be interesting to compare that to climo for that specific region