• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

We're advecting 60+ dps over the terrain in the interior.    You have strata/fog along the south coast from a different mechanism, but much of those clouds in the interior are stationary over the terrain tops.   Not sure if that's gonna last the day.  Feeble as the sun is...if it can add enough energy to the low levels, it will split the temp and dp and stop wet-bulbing the air mass along the hill tops.   Welcome to (November + 62 dp)/2

• Like 1

Just now, tamarack said:

CON touched 80 on 11/2/50.  3 of the SNE big 4 were low 80s, ORH 79.

Yup. 11/2/1876 as well, but there may be some “yore” in that reading. I’m always a few cooler than CON so that’s why I felt safe saying it’s never hit 80° imby. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Up to 68°. Not quite the Novie 2020 torch, but a furnace nonetheless. 

I suspect it's the theta-e inject ... it's hard to get the kinetic side to rise from November sol

I didn't honestly look at the DP stuff heading into this weekend, but this low cloud and terrain capping behavior is pretty classic web bulby air -related.  My street's damp with no rain having fallen.  Heh, in June, we'd warm enough to stop that response but in November?  

2020 was dry - check that ...but I'm pretty sure that was 82/40 type ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I suspect it's the theta-e inject ... it's hard to get the kinetic side to rise from November sol

I didn't honestly look at the DP stuff heading into this weekend, but this low cloud and terrain capping behavior is pretty classic web bulby air -related.  My street's damp with no rain having fallen.  Heh, in June, we'd warm enough to stop that response but in November?  

The bolded I noticed this morning too!  The road was all wet in spots but no rain.  Thought that was real interesting.

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Here the dews were in the 40s for the torch in 2020 until the last day or so. Then we got some 60s it appears    

of course that was just at a local PWS so grains of salt and all.  

72/63 ...

I mean, it's hiding the extraordinary aspect of what's going on. That's a helluva combination of metrics on November 5.  Still may touch 75 or 76, regardless of 80, having that over DPs that high is exceptional.    "thermodynamically" this is a warmer air mass at 75/62 than 2020 was at 81/44

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

72/63 ...

I mean, it's hiding the extraordinary aspect of what's going on. That's a helluva combination of metrics on November 5.  Still may touch 75 or 76, regardless of 80, having that over DPs that high is exceptional.    "thermodynamically" this is a warmer air mass at 75/62 than 2020 was at 81/44

Yeah, it feels pretty amazing. I’m switching to shorts for yardwork right now.

I get what you are saying, the low 70s combined with pretty high DP’s make it feel freakishly warm.  

70.5F Partly cloudy 

Interesting GFS run today.  Gets something tropical down towards Bahamas and rotates in west into Florida.  982mb near Palm Beach.  Crosses the state into the Gulf and then north north east up the coast.  980mb noreaster over Nantucket.  Not so far out in fantasy land that the general path has some merit.