Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ahh ok then that’s fine.  As long as you can still see when it’s 32F and dumping paste while it’s 35F and raining where people live… I didn’t know it was manned observations.

It’s bankers hours and who knows how reliable that is. The whole thing is a shame. 

14 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That was a great event. Had over 8” in that which then produced a white Tday a week later because it really didn’t melt much. Had the coldest November day on record in most spots on Tday that year too. 

i had 15" that November, which was more than i got in Dec (4"), Feb (13"), and Mar (10"), and barely behind Jan (17"). what a shit winter 

48 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What a fantastic stretch coming up. Great for winter prep and wrapping up outside projects. For those so inclined word is big bass hanging on RI south coast.

I've been working out on Pt Judith at my sister's house. The charter and fishing boats have been busy in and out of Galilee. Last month right off Scarborough Beach was a hot zone for bluefin tuna. 

Hit 68 yesterday here.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KRINARRA66

I thought my area in CT was warm but this is hands down one of the warmest spots in New England.

Took this picture yesterday at Iggys. Just unbelievable blooms. Looks like August still. 

Screenshot_20221102-170259_Gallery.thumb.jpg.46d9733999b80a05303d55da6e525743.jpg

Screenshot-20221102-165844-Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I've been working out on Pt Judith at my sister's house. The charter and fishing boats have been busy in and out of Galilee. Last month right off Scarborough Beach was a hot zone for bluefin tuna. 

Hit 68 yesterday here.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KRINARRA66

I thought my area in CT was warm but this is hands down one of the warmest spots in New England.

Took this picture yesterday at Iggys. Just unbelievable blooms. Looks like August still. 

Screenshot_20221102-170259_Gallery.thumb.jpg.46d9733999b80a05303d55da6e525743.jpg

Screenshot-20221102-165844-Gallery.jpg

Welcome to SRI the real God's country.  Man I miss it.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Fake, but unfortunately real enough that I turned the stove on. 60F in the house is a little much for me.

Only did a test run with the new pellet stove since I installed it in October. Ran the propane ventless last night before bed, it was 69 when I woke up. Still chilly out until that sun gets up there.

This is from the EPS. You can see there has been some subtle shifts eastward of the MJO Standing wave anomalies and 850 easterly anomalies. Both outlined in yellow. You want to see that continue or at least not regenerate to the west. Having it shift west allows a -PNA to insert itself and an eastern US warm risk. 

image.png.c7ed1c3de5dc208ff7a4a77263fee12b.png

image.png.3c938781cf7a04b4e7f7aabd6e01d919.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hopefully it retrogrades by December...sometimes it can take a couple weeks to do it.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think this is one of those seasons in which we will have a good source region in our back pockets if all else fails.

I would like to see it earlier in the season anyways to help fight off any -PNA. It's still early, so any help we can get in the northern latitude would be useful.  Don't need a 4SD block...just a little help.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

This is from the EPS. You can see there has been some subtle shifts eastward of the MJO Standing wave anomalies and 850 easterly anomalies. Both outlines in yellow. You want to se that continue or at least not regenerate to the west. Having it shift west allows a -PNA to insert itself and an eastern US warm risk. 

image.png.c7ed1c3de5dc208ff7a4a77263fee12b.png

image.png.3c938781cf7a04b4e7f7aabd6e01d919.png

Want that at around 180