Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022

Stormlover74

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

People who often go outside during the winter do not feel the cold nearly as much as people who stay inside during the winter. 

There's not much to do outside in the cold, unless you're a skier, have a snow mobile, or go for a walk.   All my outdoor activities include, playing ball, golf, beach, just chilling in the sun, swimming, fishing (ice fishing sucks)

I rarely wear layers.  20 degrees I'm still in a hoodie.  I wear gym shorts almost everywhere, to go shopping, out to eat, bar etc...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nyrangers1022 said:

There's not much to do outside in the cold, unless you're a skier, have a snow mobile, or go for a walk.   All my outdoor activities include, playing ball, golf, beach, just chilling in the sun, swimming, fishing (ice fishing sucks)

I actually prefer going to the beach during the fall and winter. Far less crowded.  I know people who golf during the winter...well provided there isn't snow on the ground and that has become more common.

What about hiking and biking? Both are great in the winter. 

• Like 1

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

I actually prefer going to the beach during the fall and winter. Far less crowded.  I know people who golf during the winter...well provided there isn't snow on the ground and that has become more common.

What about hiking and biking? Both are great in the winter. 

Ive done enough hiking in the winter with citidiots  needing rescue off the mountain here.  Not my cup of tea.   Biking, goes back to I hate wearing layers, wouldn't mind doing it in warm months.   I've golfed in 40s, but courses close down when there's frost.  

2 minutes ago, nyrangers1022 said:

Ive done enough hiking in the winter with citidiots  needing rescue off the mountain here.  Not my cup of tea.   Biking, goes back to I hate wearing layers, wouldn't mind doing it in warm months.   I've golfed in 40s, but courses close down when there's frost.  

What about photography? ....great winter scenes!

31 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

People who often go outside during the winter do not feel the cold nearly as much as people who stay inside during the winter. 

Agreed 100%. My default to shorts and a T-shirt and a hoodie down to about 40. And from there minimally warmer unless it’s well below 20. But I’m outside all the time all year round because that’s where we are meant to be

It depends on the activity, and everyone is different with what they can handle and what they prefer. I prefer the warmer weather for outdoor activities in general, but the physically demanding activities are better when it's cooler out. There have been times I've been out shoveling snow in 30 degree weather with 25mph winds in a t-shirt and still be comfortable. If I wasn't shoveling, I'd probably be cold.

69 with filtered sun here

Warmth looks to last about 7-8 days before sharp cooldown but as Bluewave said brunt of the cold blast 11/12 - 11/22 looks to be into the MW/GL / west of the region.  Still a strong cooldown from the near and record warmth.  I may have been wrong about earlier oct call for no more 80s till next march.  Sat / Mon a chance. Sunday looks too cloudy.

• Like 1

Looks like the models have been underestimating the negative EPO.  Models have now been trending colder for next weekend With temps well below normal.  If correct We may have to watch the week of November 14th through 20th for a possible 1st snowfall especially for interior sections.   love the 1040mb highs over Maine with sw in the Mississippi valley 

image.thumb.png.8faab02ffc74fc703dd61f44c93be554.png

image.thumb.png.61e579e9b1b3e869a1be9f18e8a5ec6a.png

image.thumb.png.3635c0f72019782a163032b5bcd016b3.png

image.thumb.png.e406a013d429a00ac6923d05d8705e59.png

• Like 1