Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

4 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It is perhaps redundant, but maybe becoming a bit more justified now with that 77 mph gust at DPA and more recently an 80 mph gust near Roselle and a 75 mph gust at Manhattan.  That's significantly stronger than what's in the high wind warning.

Still within high wind warning criteria, though. You know I'm a stickler with many things though...

At 6pm my station still shows 21.3C / 70F with pressure 999 mb. Had great sunny skies for a few hours during the first half of afternoon with 22C peak. Low went to 15C - if I had good records that likely was one of the warmest Nov lows in modern times. Dataset here from 1980-2010 shows only 10 days where my minimum was above 0C. 

Nearly 7pm and I'm still at 21.3C humidex of 23. I enjoyed the windy warmth. When the wind warnings pop up I take a stroll. Can't believe what took place 2 years ago just repeated itself.

• Like 1

Its 8pm and I'm still at 21.4C! The rain that was suppose to start at 3pm never came, showing some minor showers at 9-10pm still (old hourly shows sooner and longer below).

3j48z.png

4tqqh.png

It actually increased in temp after dark here, wtf. This is just getting stupid. Can't forget 3 years ago tomorrow I had wind chills of -20C!

Edit: Went higher to 21.9C at 9pm then by 9:40 started to fall rather quickly 1C per 10 mins as the rain and front passes. Sustained winds also increased.

11 hours ago, Brian D said:

My daughter-in-law took a forkhorn buck this morning. She's happy. Usually she takes a doe every year. Good eatin :) Chilly NE winds today with some mix heading my way tonight. Starting to feel like late Fall now.

Well, she took another spike buck this afternoon. 2 for the party today. She's doing good. They saw a few other small does too. Deer moving good with system around.

• Like 1

Finished with 1.33".  Feeling quite fortunate as many models had us AOB 0.50" with the 1"+ rains staying northwest of here.  The dry stretch worked out quite well for the farmers, as they were able to get everything harvested.  All in all it looks like a top notch crop this year for both beans and corn.  

• Like 2

Only 0.09" here and KIND went above 50mph twice on the five minute obs. On the way home from work yesterday, there was a few fences along fields coated and draped with corn fodder and quite a few limbs down. Will get the camera out and see what I can see this morning.

12 hours ago, sbnwx85 said:

Might be a long couple of days. At least temperatures are mild.

9B6249ED-6FF5-46F5-A39F-F06F2EE9028C.jpeg

I lost it yesterday.  Not a lot of people in my town lost power but I was one of the unlucky ones.  Got down to 62 degrees in here.  It takes a lot to make me cold but I was starting to feel it.

Looking pretty locked in for a significant rain event here this week before being blasted into winter. Hallelujah!

Since September 1st Minneapolis has seen 0.75” of precipitation. Most small streams have been dry for months and I’ve never seen the lakes anywhere close to this low. 

Great to see a classic wound up Dakota special. Means winter is here. 

• Like 1

I hope I can make it:

"THE UPCOMING COLD SNAP WILL   
NO DOUBT FEEL LIKE A SHOCK. BE SURE TO BUNDLE FROM HEAD TO TOE IN   
MULTIPLE LAYERS WHEN OUTDOORS THIS WEEKEND!   "    
LOT AFD

SATURDAY  
MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S.

For most of us we move from T-shirt season to Flannel/hoodie season. No layers yet involved. Weather and fashion all in one post.

• Haha 2

Granddaughter just moved out to around the Fargo, ND area this past summer for school. Blizzard potential coming up with this system there. I warned her to be absolutely careful with the winter weather there. It's a little different than here with the high winds they get out there than can make even just a little snow become dangerous with the wind.

• Like 1