Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2022 Medium-Long Range Discussion

CAPE

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

A long way off and we know the op runs are not very useful for any sort of detail, but ya gotta like the h5 looks we are seeing on the means the last several runs. if it ends up being close to real, some early Dec frozen is on the table. Just not on the 10th ofc.

We know the dangers of tracking long range snow on OPs but at least the ensemble looks upstairs are conducive to frozen looks.  Best for everyone to be prepared for the OPs to show every possible outcome for now.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Could you imagine the complaining about getting fringed if the 6z was right

Too much of a good thing. Ridge bridge with TPV lobes shedding off underneath and dropping south can act like a wrecking ball, crushing eastbound shortwaves taking the southern route. If this pattern is legit, we are going to see all sorts of wild outcomes on the op runs over the next week.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Happy to see the optimism.  Be Thankful… I predict we will know if it will snow in December by January 1, 2023.

Yes. There's nothing worse than seeing zonal flow and Pacific puke for weeks on end as we enter December and you realize in the back of your head "well, there's always next year".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Y’all hitting the Turkey a little early?  So much hopium. The jaded heart crew can’t hear the sound of the bell for snow. Make them hear it again. 

As a fledgling member of the jaded heart crew...I feel like I can hear a tiny bell...a La Campanella if you will (if ya don't get the reference, I encourage ya to YouTube it :)), however it's not close enough know whether it's a real one or just another made out of imitation copper with a paper clip inside like the "bells" the past 6-7 years. We shall see what rings true only the day before, lol

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

Too much of a good thing. Ridge bridge with TPV lobes shedding off underneath and dropping south can act like a wrecking ball, crushing eastbound shortwaves taking the southern route. If this pattern is legit, we are going to see all sorts of wild outcomes on the op runs over the next week.

Legit concern. Seems in recent Nina's we are always at the mercy of the shred factory. Good post.

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

12z GEFS presenting your overrunning/flat wave scenario for the post 12/6 period.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

Only if anyone bought what the GEFS and CFS are selling wholesale. Which is a fools errand, as all of us know. I am optimistic about our chances for a significant cold period and a winter storm, but I'm nowhere near sold. 

I really would like to complete this sale, and I can clearly see that you want to buy the product. Tell me how we can get this deal done today!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic