Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022 New England Foliage Thread

The 4 Seasons

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah many do. I think pin oaks are the worst. 

Have those.  Have Black, white and red oaks as well.  I can say looking out my widows that the oaks have dropped ~20% of their leaves.  Was barely any drop a week ago and the change this week has been dramatic.  My damn bradford pear is still hanging tough.  

5 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Not yet still flowers and peppers going. Basically east of the mountain doesnt radiate well and west does up higher spots around here. Lots of freezes in the lower elevations, gets down to like 350’ NE corner of town, but even RT 12/ Valley in west sterling, which is like 420-500 feet has had several frosts/freezes. 

I always wonder how Hunch at 1300’ radiates so well. He must be in a lower spot between hills . It never makes sense to me .

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I will guarantee you his woods / trees look just like mine today after 2 days of roaring wind. Hunch will be the same . @Whineminster 

@HoarfrostHubb

There are almost zero leaves still on trees here.  Our dogwood still has them. That is always the most to drop.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I always wonder how Hunch at 1300’ radiates so well. He must be in a lower spot between hills . It never makes sense to me .

A little lower than surrounding hills but not much difference.  There is a ridge about 200’ higher (250?) sorta near me. But it is somewhat flat.    

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Magic?   I don’t really know but it does radiate well here.   But it’s not really colder here than surrounding towns most of the time. 

All you really need is to be tucked in a tad. Kevin is on a ridge so he does not radiate. It’s all about relative elevation. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah I think his area is like mine . May not have seen frost or freeze. Have you?

I have not seen a frost up near my house where my garden is, but the bottom part of my lawn has. 

Oaks had lots of leaves when I left on Friday for NH. Just got back, and now they're mostly gone.  Couple trees here and there holding a few.