Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2022 New England Foliage Thread

The 4 Seasons

6 hours ago, mreaves said:

That is so wrong for my area, unless you count lawns.  The foliage is pretty bright lying on the ground.

3 hours ago, eyewall said:

Yeah they are a week behind on that one.

Yeah take it for what it is. No clue how they come up with it. One thought was they amalgamate all the individual state website reports into one northeast one and may have several spotters that submit reports? 

The CT one seems to be pretty low as well. Last week it had southern CT in the Low category now its Moderate. Id say were Moderate-High right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

That's way off even in NJ. It's easily in the high-peak range here which means it's def peaking further north. 

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Black past line should be brought down to HFD. That’s like 7-10 days behind. Only thing left with color is Oaks and a few species of later turning Maples 

It's interesting how everbody, including myself, is saying this is very conservative or behind about a week for NY/NJ/CT/RI/MA areas. We're all seeing the same thing so where are they getting these reports/data from? 

@Damage In Tollandare you peak or past peak up there?

56 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It's interesting how everbody, including myself, is saying this is very conservative or behind about a week for NY/NJ/CT/RI/MA areas. We're all seeing the same thing so where are they getting these reports/data from? 

it's been around 7 days behind all season long in my part of NH. we are well past peak here

17 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Waaayyy past peak. Peak was about 7-10 days ago. 
Mainly just brown and yellow and some red Oak leaves left and those are literally pouring down this morning in the ripping wind. 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a leaf emergency in the yard. The cleanup this weekend will be long. Likely one full day of blowing on Sunday FTL

one of my oaks dropped about 3/4 of its leaves yesterday. accumulations 3-4", lollies to 6". disaster

last weekend I filled the tank on my leaf blower, and it was empty within an hour. full throttle FTL

• Like 1