Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter

IrishRob17

19 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

There are hundreds of Poly fluoryl aklyl substances.  Health studies have only confirmed multiple ill effects on mice.  I'm not a health expert, so I'm not sure of the absolute link between animal and human health.  It s beleived that some PFAS substances are worse than others.  I have heard of the 1965 incident.  However, the US government knew about negative health effects in cows since at least the 1970s.  Now all of a sudden they have a hard on to eradicate all PFAS.  We did ban PCBs and chlorofluor-carbons, but there was more solid evidence of the health effects on humans.  If PFAS is as bad as the EPA is telling us, why are they not being banned outright.  Is it possible the government does not want ANY industrial manufacturing in the United States?

Corporate lobbying $$$

• Like 1

@RjayHow about that snow in South Bend at the game yesterday?  I was there, it was incredible. Woke up this morning to about 10-12” of fresh powder out there this morning. Got a nice taste of deep winter this weekend, there were flakes of varying intensity pretty much the entire time from Thursday afternoon until this morning. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

@RjayHow about that snow in South Bend at the game yesterday?  I was there, it was incredible. Woke up this morning to about 10-12” of fresh powder out there this morning. Got a nice taste of deep winter this weekend, there were flakes of varying intensity pretty much the entire time from Thursday afternoon until this morning. 

Yea was awesome on TV.  44-0 is pretty nice too.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dark Star said:

There are hundreds of Poly fluoryl aklyl substances.  Health studies have only confirmed multiple ill effects on mice.  I'm not a health expert, so I'm not sure of the absolute link between animal and human health.  It s beleived that some PFAS substances are worse than others.  I have heard of the 1965 incident.  However, the US government knew about negative health effects in cows since at least the 1970s.  Now all of a sudden they have a hard on to eradicate all PFAS.  We did ban PCBs and chlorofluor-carbons, but there was more solid evidence of the health effects on humans.  If PFAS is as bad as the EPA is telling us, why are they not being banned outright.  Is it possible the government does not want ANY industrial manufacturing in the United States?

PFOA at the Dupont facility in West Virginia was responsible for children being born with birth defects as well as farm run off that caused cows to bleed out.  DuPont illegally dumped a few million tons of the stuff into the waterways there. When they lost the lawsuit all of that came out and the fact that they had a safer alternative but choose not to use it because it was more expensive.  PFOA have been found in 90% of all life on the planet and there is no safe dosage for it.  We're finally now starting to test for it in our water too.

9 hours ago, Nibor said:

Corporate lobbying $$$

Yep that's what that DuPont coverup was about.  It only got found out during discovery for that class action they lost.

Same as what the chemical lobby did to keep toxic pesticides like chlorpyrifos legal for so long (Dow manufactured that and now that they've merged with DuPont, we can expect more toxic goodies from that unholy union.)

7 hours ago, North and West said:

I make my wife crudités for her lunches everyday, and had just thrown out some expired single hummus packs and old baby carrots and zucchini. There were paw marks in the hummus.

They truly are omnivores lol, they'll eat anything.

I saw a video of them raiding the places where squirrels leave nuts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Didnt know you guys even had internet all the way out there

11 hours ago, Rjay said:

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

This is the type of forward, outside the box, intelligent critical thinking that clearly has lead you to be a moderator here. 

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

That, plus I convinced @stormtracker to pay me $73 a day to be a mod. Dont tell Rjay tho, he only gets $38.

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

And he isn't even worth that!

My Christmas cactus always gives me joy by blooming for Thanksgiving. This will be the first time in 75+ years I’ll be alone. I finally, fully vaccinated and multi boosted joined the Covid club. Minor symptoms with no other issues and thanks to FaceTime being alone is not what it used to be. My friends, if I can pull one wish out of my full bucket list it would be to see all of you at a sub forum get together. All of you at the same table and me, of course, at a safe distance enjoying the show. May all of you have a blessed day, you’ll always be special to me. As always …

261764DB-1D80-4BCD-9202-6D4D5DF636B5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, rclab said:

My Christmas cactus always gives me joy by blooming for Thanksgiving. This will be the first time in 75+ years I’ll be alone. I finally, fully vaccinated and multi boosted joined the Covid club. Minor symptoms with no other issues and thanks to FaceTime being alone is not what it used to be. My friends, if I can pull one wish out of my full bucket list it would be to see all of you at a sub forum get together. All of you at the same table and me, of course, at a safe distance enjoying the show. May all of you have a blessed day, you’ll always be special to me. As always …

4IJVBh2_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

When my parents retired and moved from the area they gave me and my sister offshoots of their Christmas cactus. It’s been in the family for over 100 years. It’s a great plant. Hopefully mine will bloom like yours one day. 

Feel better rclab! Happy Thanksgiving. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Happy Thanksgiving Rich and keep fighting the good fight!  My wife's Christmas cactus was filled with blooms this year, the first time in a long time. Feel better my friend. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

I guess I must not have paid attention enough, because I never saw any awesome snow piles from the recent lake effect system.  It all looked about 4 feet high in and around Orchard Park, and not the 6+ feet recorded.  Did a lot compress or melt during the period?

Lots of compaction and prob a bunch of melting too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Do any of you know of a decent weather app or site for traveling down I 95 ? I check out this site often and look and read through all of the forums here but that will be hard to do while driving :scooter: ---let me know thanks in advance, I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving

Depends.  What do you want to know?

• Rjay unpinned this topic