Weathernoob335
Fall Banter

IrishRob17

20 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

endless warm records for the past twelve years: cricket-in-basement.jpg

cool damp wx for a week:waving-crowd.gif

What is that thing?

Look at those eyes, it looks ANGRY.

I had some giant black bugs coming out of my drain over the summer I sprayed so much RAID that I had a headache for a week lol.

They were some kind of flying beetle or water bug they were only able to fly a few feet but were scary nonetheless.

Then when the rain started I saw a huge 4 inch long centipede with dozens of legs that looked like eyelashes and that had to get squished too.

On 10/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, LibertyBell said:

What is that thing?

Look at those eyes, it looks ANGRY.

I had some giant black bugs coming out of my drain over the summer I sprayed so much RAID that I had a headache for a week lol.

They were some kind of flying beetle or water bug they were only able to fly a few feet but were scary nonetheless.

Then when the rain started I saw a huge 4 inch long centipede with dozens of legs that looked like eyelashes and that had to get squished too.

forky’s next avatar? As always….

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon everyone. I was just enjoying a browse through of the sub forums, when I came across Anthony and S19 doing pre cold season sparing practice in the Mid Atlantic Winter 2022-2023 thread. Beautiful day, live and enjoy. As always …

They were also doing that in the New England subforum lol.

• Like 1

Winter 2022-2023 outlook compiled by The Washington Post. The NOAA, Weather.com, and AccuWeather outlooks are in reasonable agreement, especially with temperatures. WeatherBell is the cold outlier. The article notes of WeatherBell: The winter outlook from WeatherBell Analytics, a weather consulting firm, should put more pep in the step of snow lovers. The firm predicts temperatures that are normal to slightly below normal for nearly all of the country from November 2022 to March 2023.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/10/13/winter-outlooks-united-states-snow/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Winter 2022-2023 outlook compiled by The Washington Post. The NOAA, Weather.com, and AccuWeather outlooks are in reasonable agreement, especially with temperatures. WeatherBell is the cold outlier. The article notes of WeatherBell: The winter outlook from WeatherBell Analytics, a weather consulting firm, should put more pep in the step of snow lovers. The firm predicts temperatures that are normal to slightly below normal for nearly all of the country from November 2022 to March 2023.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/10/13/winter-outlooks-united-states-snow/

Accuweather predicts 18-24" inches of snow for the winter, slightly more than the 17" NYC got last winter.  But note that totals ramped up quickly once you got to Queens and east last year-- most of us had around 2 feet of snow or even more.  I wonder if that will happen again this winter. Would 2000-01 be a good analog?

17 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Such projections reflect typical conditions that develop during La Niña events, which are associated with an episodic cooling of ocean waters in the tropical Pacific. This year, La Niña is forecast to prevail for a third straight winter.

^is it even science to issue outlooks based on this?  We have had some amazingly snowy La Ninas, I don't think a forecast can be made on this alone.

5 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Accuweather predicts 18-24" inches of snow for the winter, slightly more than the 17" NYC got last winter.  But note that totals ramped up quickly once you got to Queens and east last year-- most of us had around 2 feet of snow or even more.  I wonder if that will happen again this winter. Would 2000-01 be a good analog?

Probably not, unless the PDO goes positive and there’s strong Atlantic blocking.

• Rjay unpinned this topic