Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter 2022

George BM

4 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Went to the Ophthalmologist yesterday because the vision in my right eye was worsening.  Looks like I am developing Cataracts.....

Silver lining is that if I have to get this fixed, I can get rid of contacts :-)

the surgery isn't bad. mr map had to have both eyes done almost a decade ago now, his mom had them done early too, genetics thing. either way, recovery was quick! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mappy said:

the surgery isn't bad. mr map had to have both eyes done almost a decade ago now, his mom had them done early too, genetics thing. either way, recovery was quick! 

Thanks!  That's what I hear. Does the Mr. wear any glasses, or did the surgery help correct any vision issues? 

I had a detached retina in the same eye and tears in the other one.  The detached retina surgery is no joke.  

Check out this really cool video of the surgery.  This wasn't me, but the same exact procedure. 

If any of you know of anyone who has to go through that and wants to talk, let me know.  I'd love to talk with them to share hoe to get through that experience. 

12 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Thanks!  That's what I hear. Does the Mr. wear any glasses, or did the surgery help correct any vision issues? 

I had a detached retina in the same eye and tears in the other one.  The detached retina surgery is no joke.  

Check out this really cool video of the surgery.  This wasn't me, but the same exact procedure. 

If any of you know of anyone who has to go through that and wants to talk, let me know.  I'd love to talk with them to share hoe to get through that experience. 

He stills wears glasses. I hope the surgery helps you! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

There will be a warm up during that period as the pattern de-amplifies, but it remains to be seen if a shift to a persistent -PNA is upcoming. Most LR guidance suggests any W US trough will be transient through the end of the month and into November.

Maybe see if Chuck concurs with the - PNA

:lol:

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mediocre. Undisciplined. Killer penalties.

As for paying Lamar huge money, DeCosta's play looks pretty smart right now.

Terrible. They’ve had second half leads in each game. Maybe even 4th quarter leads?  Lamar’s interceptions the last few weeks have all been bad decisions. 

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Terrible. They’ve had second half leads in each game. Maybe even 4th quarter leads?  Lamar’s interceptions the last few weeks have all been bad decisions. 

Lamar has not been close to elite the last 3 games. Pretty good at times, but several overthrows and the turnovers have hurt in close games. The most disturbing thing in this game to me were the penalties. Lack of discipline. It's always something though, and that's at least partly coaching.

Happy for Wink though. He was run out when it should have been Roman. It has been a long time since that super bowl win, and Harbaugh's in-game coaching decisions have contributed to several losses over the past 2 seasons. If this team doesn't get it together and make the playoffs, it might be time for a change.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Drake had a great game, but it apparently wasn't by design. Dobbins' knee tightened up. Another issue with this team- so many of their key players are coming off of serious injuries. Precarious.

But it could be precarious in a good way too. Just fast forward to December for a second...you can see a scenario where the key players are finally healthy (and you can already see hints of this on defense). We have Bowser back, Bateman back, possibly Ojabo, and maybe even Williams. If we are indeed still in thick of it, who knows? Right now, at the very least, we seem to be on the trajectory of being healthy by December when it's gonna count the most. If it all gels together you never know! This is the same team (and QB) that went 8-3 on one leg last year, and DID get clutch victories. So I'm still in wait-and-see mode.

P.S. Kinda funny how we're still in first place, lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

But it could be precarious in a good way too. Just fast forward to December for a second...you can see a scenario where the key players are finally healthy (and you can already see hints of this on defense). We have Bowser back, Bateman back, possibly Ojabo, and maybe even Williams. If we are indeed still in thick of it, who knows? Right now, at the very least, we seem to be on the trajectory of being healthy by December when it's gonna count the most. If it all gels together you never know! This is the same team (and QB) that went 8-3 on one leg last year, and DID get clutch victories. So I'm still in wait-and-see mode.

P.S. Kinda funny how we're still in first place, lol

Long way to go, but so frustrating right now. 3 games lost with 10+ point leads, and for various reasons. Today it was numerous killer penalties and over simplistic play design/poor play calling by Roman, as usual. He really needs to go. That sort of move worked out pretty well mid season once.. I bet Lamar would welcome it, although you will never hear him say that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Long way to go, but so frustrating right now. 3 games lost with 10+ point leads, and for various reasons. Today it was numerous killer penalties and over simplistic play design/poor play calling by Roman, as usual. He really needs to go. That sort of move worked out pretty well mid season once.. I bet Lamar would welcome it, although you will never hear him say that.

Tbh It kinda feels like Lamar could demand it if he really wanted to, lol But man Harbs has got to make the change...I'm not sure how far we can go like this.

18 hours ago, CAPE said:

Mediocre. Undisciplined. Killer penalties.

As for paying Lamar huge money, DeCosta's play looks pretty smart right now.

Lamar will make huge money... somewhere. Look at Wilson and Watson. He is probably a notch below Mahomes and Allen, but I bet if he was playing on either of those teams he would be having the same success. If the Raven's try to cheap out, some other team will scoop him up. Did you see any of the WTF vs Bears game? There is a lack of QB talent in the NFL right now :D

The NFL is no longer built for ground and pound. The play calling and coaching has been head scratching at times. The penalties are insane. The good news is the NFL has gotten the "parity" they so longed for, and other than the top 2/3 teams its going to come down to a bunch of 10-6, 9-7 teams figuring out who has the tie breaker for wildcards. If we get healthy and don't lose any more to injury, the end of the season might get interesting.

If DeCosta wants Lamar, and the team, to succeed, pull the trigger on a deal for a number one WR before the deadline. They won't fire Roman, but his mickey mouse offense might function better with a legit threat at receiver. Bateman might be a number 2, if he could stay healthy. The rest of the bunch are third and fourth receivers on any team with a pro-level passing offense.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

If DeCosta wants Lamar, and the team, to succeed, pull the trigger on a deal for a number one WR before the deadline. They won't fire Roman, but his mickey mouse offense might function better with a legit threat at receiver. Bateman might be a number 2, if he could stay healthy. The rest of the bunch are third and fourth receivers on any team with a pro-level passing offense.

i bet they scoop up Anderson once he is cut from Carolina. 

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

They are working out Desean Jackson LMAO. Might as well call up Jerry Rice and see if he has any gas in the tank.

• Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic