Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2022

George BM

19 hours ago, Chris78 said:

The Wentz experiment is working out so well in DC. 

Ron Rivera needs to go 

This Team is undisciplined with way too many penalties. The offensive line can't pass protect and kills themselves with false starts and holding penalties that stalls drives.

Carson Wentz is who Philly and Indy knew he was. 

Ron Rivera's arrogance blows me a way. 

Way to many excuses .

1-16?

16 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

As bad as Wentz is, he’s not the real issue. The ownership and front office are terrible and have been for an egregiously long time.

I saw a stat that the WFT has had a losing record to start November in 22 of the last 30 years. That’s horrific.

the Carson Wentz Experience...it's really something

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kay said:

Large black rat snake in the house...was lying along the front door...in the approx one minute it took to find some gloves and a broom and begin to steel myself, it totally disappeared. I don't mind them generally, and eating rodents is a plus, but now it's...somewhere.

And I got a text yesterday from my gf to come down to the basement because she was trapped. By a spider on the steps. I can’t even begin to imagine the drama if there was a snake in the house.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

And I got a text yesterday from my gf to come down to the basement because she was trapped. By a spider on the steps. I can’t even begin to imagine the drama if there was a snake in the house.

Haha, well clearly you are her hero :wub:

I was not without fear but a) I've relocated smaller sneks, and b) seen others relocate these and survive lol. He/she was a whopper though. Weirdest part was, at first I was like, huh why is the weatherstripping at the bottom of the door all flattened out and wavy like that, what could have happened to it OOOOOHHHHHHH. Still MIA, btw. Hopefully outside :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Went to Mackintosh Farms out in Berryville to pick apples on Sunday with the kids and some friends. First time I've ever been there, and it was an awesome day to make that drive.

On the way back, I missed a turn in Berryville itself and ended up taking Blue Ridge Mountain Road to get to Rt 50. Didn't realize that it ran along Mt. Weather! It was neat to see the temp difference at the top of that ridge - was 54F at the top and 64F at the bottom.

The apples are unreal, by the way!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

It wasn't the age thing that got me, I guess. It was seeing Adam Sandler on the cover. That made it real. Or weird. Or whatever. 

You're a little older than me, but my kid makes me feel old daily. When she laughs at bands I used to listen to, like boy bands as an example. She legit says "NSYNC?! They are so old" which in theory also makes me old.

I too though that cover was a slap in the face haha

On 10/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, Terpeast said:

Is it better to put pavers in my backyard patio in the fall (really should start soon)... or wait until spring?

Thinking like this

How-to-lay-brick-patio.jpg

I don’t know how much this helps, but at this point I’m holding the aesthetic projects until spring at this point. 

If you were going to do it, I’d it a weekend job or a longer project?

On 10/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, Terpeast said:

Is it better to put pavers in my backyard patio in the fall (really should start soon)... or wait until spring?

Thinking like this

How-to-lay-brick-patio.jpg

Easier to dig now with the ground pretty moist and not frozen. If you are digging down, check out something like this:

PAVERBASE 20.04 in. x 36 in. Black Brock Paver Base Panel PVB5B - The Home Depot

It saves a lot of work because you can excavate a lot less dirt, and don't need to haul in a ton of stone. 

• Thanks 1

I'm still not all in on the Commanders.  It's just not fun enough, but I am glad they kept the burgundy and gold.  They got that part right.  It just boggles me how they couldn't have gone with something with historical meaning like the Redtails or Hogs.  Recently, I was even thinking that Pilots could be cool given the aerospace presence here.  Meh.  Ravens just seem to have more of a fun factor going for them these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

I'm still not all in on the Commanders.  It's just not fun enough, but I am glad they kept the burgundy and gold.  They got that part right.  It just boggles me how they couldn't have gone with something with historical meaning like the Redtails or Hogs.  Recently, I was even thinking that Pilots could be cool given the aerospace presence here.  Meh.  Ravens just seem to have more of a fun factor going for them these days.

They screw up everything.  Even the uniforms are awful

I’ve seen a lot of ugly games and that one was one of the worst. I was actually rooting for a tie or the WTFs to lose 5-3. 

Snyder has and will be awful. The NFL should have dumped him when the first news of the sexual harassment broke. Now they are saddled with him like us fans are. 

And the team is just so bad as well

On 10/8/2022 at 7:29 PM, Always in Zugzwang said:

Now that's funny!!!  Maybe that's the same guy who always chimes in with "how much for Short Pump?" each winter.

Hmmm, pumping gas in Short Pump.  I'll leave that one alone and let @ravensrule chime in!  (Yeah, shouldn't have thrown him a bat signal there!).

I can only tell clean jokes according to @mappy. I am working on my maturity to please her :D

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I’ve seen a lot of ugly games and that one was one of the worst. I was actually rooting for a tie or the WTFs to lose 5-3. 

Snyder has and will be awful. The NFL should have dumped him when the first news of the sexual harassment broke. Now they are saddled with him like us fans are. 

And the team is just so bad as well

The bears might be the only team in the league that the performance last night actually gets you a win against. 

I watched the entire game and both teams were so awful.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic