Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2022

George BM

12 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I have some great news- our youngest son is back home today and recovering well. Thanks for the well wishes everyone, it means a lot to us.

It’s insane how bad RSV can get for babies- ours was a completely healthy 11-month-old with no underlying health issues beforehand. Though the Doctors and nurses all told me this has been a very bad strain they’ve seen circulating recently. And him getting flu A just two weeks before didn't help either.

He’s out in time for his first birthday at least! 

Extremely happy to hear this! Hoping for a full recovery and a very happy birthday for him!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I have some great news- our youngest son is back home today and recovering well. Thanks for the well wishes everyone, it means a lot to us.

It’s insane how bad RSV can get for babies- ours was a completely healthy 11-month-old with no underlying health issues beforehand. Though the Doctors and nurses all told me this has been a very bad strain they’ve seen circulating recently. And him getting flu A just two weeks before didn't help either.

Such wonderful news! 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

glad to hear he's going better!

• Thanks 1

My inner weenie is rearing his head…

I had a dream last night.

It was nighttime. My family was playing with my toddler in our living room, near our bay window. 

Then I look down at my phone checking the weather, and we’re in the middle of a surprise advisory event. 

I look up and out the bay window, and our front yard is well lit and covered in snow. Not a ton, but just enough to cover the grass, 2 maybe 3 inches. It’s still snowing lightly, with very tiny pixie flakes. 

… then I woke up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

On 10/4/2022 at 10:47 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

RSV is no joke. Almost killed my brother when he was 2. Glad your son is doing better!

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:47 PM, Chris78 said:

Congrats to the Orioles for their first winning season since 2016. 

I saw a stat that they are the first Team since the 1800s to have a winning record after losing 110 games the year before.

It will be interesting to see what they do in free agency. They have very little money tied up. Most of there payroll will be from arbitration this winter.

Wouldn't be surprising to see them at 80 - 85 wins again next year while there young talented core gets acclimated to a full season in the majors 

2024 would really be lift off.

They need a good veteran starter.  I love the batting lineup and what is still in the farm system.  I think they can really content for a Wildcard Spot, if not the East next year with a few good pitchers.

21 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Today I had a work meeting in Richmond. On the way home I had to get gas. I looked up and I was in Short Pump. Literally lost it while pumping my gas. Guy next to me looked at me like I was nuts. Because I was. I felt sorry for every single poor snowless bastard there. 

Now that's funny!!!  Maybe that's the same guy who always chimes in with "how much for Short Pump?" each winter.

Hmmm, pumping gas in Short Pump.  I'll leave that one alone and let @ravensrule chime in!  (Yeah, shouldn't have thrown him a bat signal there!).

• Haha 1

Whoo-hooo Guardians with a 1-0 win vs. Tampa!!!  Advancing to the next round of the playoffs.  Of course, that will be against the Yankees, but whatever, they got farther than anyone (including myself) would have thought.  Tense 15 inning game ending with a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 15th inning by Oscar Gonzales!  Longest scoreless post-season game in history, too.

The Wentz experiment is working out so well in DC. 

Ron Rivera needs to go 

This Team is undisciplined with way too many penalties. The offensive line can't pass protect and kills themselves with false starts and holding penalties that stalls drives.

Carson Wentz is who Philly and Indy knew he was. 

Ron Rivera's arrogance blows me a way. 

Way to many excuses .

1-16?

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

The Wentz experiment is working out so well in DC. 

Ron Rivera needs to go 

This Team is undisciplined with way too many penalties. The offensive line can't pass protect and kills themselves with false starts and holding penalties that stalls drives.

Carson Wentz is who Philly and Indy knew he was. 

Ron Rivera's arrogance blows me a way. 

Way to many excuses .

1-16?

I stopped watching last week.  Hockey is back lol

4 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ravens D really stepped up tonight!!! And at last...a home win!!! With our stellar hoke primtime game record (we are 15-2 under Harbaugh), I was hoping we'd have a better chance!

Oh, and...JUSTIN. TUCKER.

D was better. Still let them drive down the field methodically for the TD to take the lead. Luckily Cincy didn't try to take a bit more time off the clock before scoring.

Yo Harbaugh, see how that works when you take the 3 earlier in games vs not scoring at all? Just might put your team in position to win it at the end with the best kicker in the world.

Snow is coming. I can smell it. Perhaps I can finally use my brand new electric snowblower that's still in the box from last winter. :snowing:

'Cause you know if you buy snow removal equipment, it won't snow that season. But if you by outdoor sports equipment thinking it won't snow, then that's the year it snows 8 times. hehe 

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

D was better. Still let them drive down the field methodically for the TD to take the lead. Luckily Cincy didn't try to take a bit more time off the clock before scoring.

Yo Harbaugh, see how that works when you take the 3 earlier in games vs not scoring at all? Just might put your team in position to win it at the end with the best kicker in the world.

Also ironic that the bungles went for it on 4th down and didn't get it, left 3 points on the field. Although I feel that superman could have scored a TD if needed on our final drive the way he was playing. I was kind of hoping they were going to run another play or two and use our timeouts to get closer, but Tucker delivered the goods regardless.

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

The injury hits keep on coming for the Ravens. Marcus Williams with a dislocated wrist. If it needs surgery he is done for the season. Out indefinitely either way. Good thing the Ravens didn't trade Chuck Clark, and I guess we will see if Hamilton can actually play.

All three wins have come at the cost of IR stints, smh But because we kept Chuck Clark I think we can survive it...and I think this may actually be good for Hamilton.

I'm praying that we don't have any more season-ending injuries playing on that awful field in the Meadowlands next week...It's a crime we gotta go there AGAIN, smh Run lightly!

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic