Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discobs 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Yeah, but I honestly can’t recall the last time it rained here on Halloween evening.  Bummer if it happens this year, but it is rare.

Of course it's statistically less likely to happen on any year, but it's even more annoying today because 1) it's happening this year and 2) it's sandwiched between two dry spells.

I just hope we get showers early on and then it dries out for a few hours for the kids to get out and about without umbrellas!

• mappy unpinned this topic

My numbers for the month of October, 2022.

Total rainfall was 3.35 inches vs a normal of 2.70, a +0.65 above average. The wettest day was the 1st with 1.11 inches falling. There were 9 days with measurable, one day with a 'T' and 21 dry days. No snowfall was recorded. Averaged high temp was 63.6 degrees vs a normal of 66.9 degrees, a -3.3 degrees below normal and 5th coolest recorded. The warmest temp was 74.6 degrees on the 25th. Averaged low temp was 37.4 degrees vs a normal of 41.5 degrees, a -4.1 degrees below normal and 4th coolest recorded. The coldest temp was 26.1 degrees on the 21st. Overall averaged temp was 50.5 degrees vs a normal of 54.2 degrees, a -3.7 degrees below normal and the 4th coolest recorded, falling behind 1988's 48.2 degree reading along with 1987's 49.4 and 1992's 49.8. Highest wind recorded was 25 mph on three separate days, 5, 15 and 27th. Three new records, all 'cool max's', set on the 2nd, 19th and 20th. Overall a cool month with big dry stretches between several large rain events. Records date to October 1979.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1