Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, RIC_WX said:

30.5 at Deep Creek ended up beating Saturday night and we had frost too.  Full sun and back up to 54* now.

Colors at / near peak most everywhere

IMG_2512.JPG

Nice pic, we woke up and my little thermometer said 28F at 3k ft but I'm not sure how accurate it is.  Water bottle had frozen solid so it was obv below freezing.  Took a drive into Accident to go to Firefly Farms and it was gorgeous, leaves have to be close to peak and the sky was such a deep blue....basically same as your pic!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Been living in MD since 2016. Every year I've had to mow in early December. If I can get a real autumn and end the mowing season this month, that'll be a win in my book.

Wow… where in MD? I’m on mobile so I can’t see locations. 

I grew up in Vienna/Oakton and I don’t remember ever having to mow in December. Maaaaybe early November in some of the mildest years. 

How things change.

3 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I grew up in Vienna/Oakton and I don’t remember ever having to mow in December. Maaaaybe early November in some of the mildest years. 

How things change.

I live in Reisterstown. The latest I've ever mowed the lawn was 12/21/18. It was in the 60s that afternoon.

9 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

How things change.

Been in Burke for 13 years now, and I don't remember not mowing well into November. I mean...I like to mow to pick up leaves, but I definitely need one last mow to get ready for winter sometime around the end of the November.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Been in Burke for 13 years now, and I don't remember not mowing well into November. I mean...I like to mow to pick up leaves, but I definitely need one last mow to get ready for winter sometime around the end of the November.

I have had to mow in early November, but have forced myself to just deal with long grass now and will not mow past October. I am a bit west so it is not as big of a deal. I have to put away all the summer stuff and get all the Christmas decorations out so I can get started! Seems that may start a bit sooner if we can get a good freeze next week! The lawn has slowed dramatically already.. thank goodness!

53 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Gotta make sure you cut it low for snow season. 

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic