Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Discobs 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, Superstorm93 said:

Did anyone actually see any poor drainage flooding with the recent rains? I feel like the duration of this was too drawn out for anything of note to occur... 

No. Our flood sensors showed no major rises on any of the 9 watersheds in Montgomery. As you said, everything was spread out so much that we didn't even see a spike in turbidity on Sligo Creek, which is really saying something.

5 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

No. Our flood sensors showed no major rises on any of the 9 watersheds in Montgomery. As you said, everything was spread out so much that we didn't even see a spike in turbidity on Sligo Creek, which is really saying something.

Yeah we may have gotten 6"+ here but it happened over six days so no sign of flooding.  Not to mention the ground was really dry beforehand.  Perfect for recharging soil moisture heading into winter.  I'm just waiting for the inevitable cutoff ULL that happens with six days of straight snow and -20DFNs come January....lock it in.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IronTy said:

Yeah we may have gotten 6"+ here but it happened over six days so no sign of flooding.  Not to mention the ground was really dry beforehand.  Perfect for recharging soil moisture heading into winter.  I'm just waiting for the inevitable cutoff ULL that happens with six days of straight snow and -20DFNs come January....lock it in.  

Agreed. Aquifers needed this.

Even over here on the south end of the eastern shore there was barely any flooding and not much standing water. Super dry beforehand and precip spread out over many days. Hardly any tidal flooding as well. The drought maps should show a healthy change when updated

3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Never fails.  My birthday is almost always the warmest day of the month.  Every year.  

Thankfully, the front is through out here.  Left steamy winchester at 78F and got out here at 69F and falling.  Feels great out right now.

Happy Birthday to you!

• Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic