Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sorry to keep bring this up but the difference is stunning.

28 at 8 am, 64 at noon.   

36 diurnal is impressive enough, but we may get 40 out of this thing.   Still 2 hours of an unabated sun to go, that still offers some heat - ... don't worry winter folk, the solar min starts in 9 days.  heh. 

There's been some ridiculous diurnal swings lately.

Up here MVL has a 41 degree spread in the 12z to 18z period and the temp keeps ticking upward.

It goes from ice baths frozen solid and very heavy frost... to like shorts and hoodie temperatures.  Very big sensible temperature difference between 22F and 63F lol.

1343053438_DiurnalSwing.jpg.a8fce19a08739b877d62e6fca4bb2a6a.jpg

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There's been some ridiculous diurnal swings lately.

Up here MVL has a 41 degree spread in the 12z to 18z period and the temp keeps ticking upward.

It goes from ice baths frozen solid and very heavy frost... to like shorts and hoodie temperatures.  Very big sensible temperature difference between 22F and 63F lol.

1343053438_DiurnalSwing.jpg.a8fce19a08739b877d62e6fca4bb2a6a.jpg

28 to 71 here (so far)

delta 43

largest in years.  Have seen 39, two 37s and a handful of 34 .. 35s

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Full blown all out hard core furnace thru mid month . Zero signs of pattern change as of now . AN November’s matter for winter . Remember 

I don't have any problem assuming warmer than that when looking over these synoptic metrics;  the correction vector is pointing up wrt interpolate machine guidance.  

Ex, this happened prior to the big warmth, Nov 5-11th 2020 - few may recall that week because the region was still in after gawk over that 4-6" Oct 30 snowfall.   But we were 76 to 82 ..84 regionally for some 4 or 5 days-worth of that span.  I distinctly recall the MEX/ or any bar graphs having trouble seeing it, too. They were 68ing us - but this can probably checked.. don't kill me. heh. 

I've seen this before though.  Climo application to those number sets makes those products questionable.   The 500 mb pattern comparison then and now are vaguely similar. 

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't have any problem assuming warmer than that when looking over these synoptic metrics;  the correction vector is pointing up wrt interpolate machine guidance.  

Ex, this happened prior to the big warmth, Nov 5-11th 2020 - few may recall that week because the region was still in after gawk over that 4-6" Oct 30 snowfall.   But we were 76 to 82 ..84 regionally for some 4 or 5 days-worth of that span.  I distinctly recall the MEX/ or any bar graphs having trouble seeing it, too. They were 68ing us - but this can probably checked.. don't kill me. heh. 

I've seen this before though.  Climo application to those number sets makes those products questionable.   The 500 mb pattern comparison then and now are vaguely similar. 

I don’t recall that here. It hit 80-85 in Nov? That’s wild . I would think I’d remember that kind of outrage 

I take a moped into work on dry days. Wife and I sold one car when she landed a good work from home job, and used car prices went bananas. Easiest big sale transaction ever. Had a bunch of skeptics at work back in April when I first picked it up as to how practical it was. Well here we are in mowvember and I’ll be riding it in every day this week. 

I agree with Tip, everything looks like 70+ this week, away from the water and mountains. 

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

I take a moped into work on dry days. Wife and I sold one car when she landed a good work from home job, and used car prices went bananas. Easiest big sale transaction ever. Had a bunch of skeptics at work back in April when I first picked it up as to how practical it was. Well here we are in mowvember and I’ll be riding it in every day this week. 

I agree with Tip, everything looks like 70+ this week, away from the water and mountains. 

AC5C6EBE-0AF7-4638-9ED7-46C89865EF14.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6