Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Stein just swallowed the barrel .. he ends himself 

lol INTENSE drought. what a joke. was it dry? sure it was. but drought? that's just silly talk. the word drought ought to be banned from this subforum. 

honest question for all of you: what were the impacts from this alleged drought that you experienced?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

lol INTENSE drought. what a joke. was it dry? sure it was. but drought? that's just silly talk. the word drought ought to be banned from this subforum. 

honest question for all of you: what were the impacts from this alleged drought that you experienced?

This area into NE MA probably had some of the driest weather since the late 60s. It was quite the drought for these parts. The reservoirs here are still quite low. The more natural rivers and ponds have finally caught up, but we had communities taking actions they never really took before to help conserve water.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

End of the EPS is a start. 

Prob a bit rushed, but even this lagged by a week to 10 days would probably roll forward into a pretty good pattern by the end of the month and early December...lengthened wavelengths would push everything a bit southeast too....which also would help the AO/NAO.

OCt27_12zEPS360.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob a bit rushed, but even this lagged by a week to 10 days would probably roll forward into a pretty good pattern by the end of the month and early December...lengthened wavelengths would push everything a bit southeast too....which also would help the AO/NAO.

OCt27_12zEPS360.png

Weeklies say rushed. 

2 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

I agree. 

Yes, were eastern areas quite dry, sure.  But west of RI was fine, and west of the river was not all to dry at all…compared to normal summer heat and dryness.  He’s looking for clicks like most. I don’t take him to seriously. 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

OCt27_12zEPS360.png

The pattern change starts on the 15th and is complete the 25th.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am on board for a solidly AN Nov and Dec. I have a bad, bad feeling about this winter . Gut feeling 

. Really? Who the hell cares if October ends up above normal?  I don’t. And I don’t think anybody else does either. 

If there’s no change by the end of November/Beginning of December, with nothing in the pipeline, then you might, Might be on to something?  And even then Worrying does nothing to change anything.   Enjoy the weather and Go shoot the F’n squirrels.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It’s the one type of weather that brings the interior hilltop and the ocean side coast together. You love to see them find some common ground in mild nights.

Like I said. Chipmunks with scarfs and gloves while in the trees, blue jays are sipping Mai Tai’s listening to Zach Brown. 

I’ve had a light frost while other spots near me had a few.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Like I said. Chipmunks with scarfs and gloves while in the trees, blue jays are sipping Mai Tai’s listening to Zach Brown. 

I’ve had a light frost while other spots near me had a few.

:lol: 

27F outside right now at 750ft and 29F at 1500ft.  Pretty uniform radiational night.  Mansfield summit was 25F for a low but looks to be ticking up again.

PWS around town at all elevations ranging 26F to 29F, pretty deep boundary layer with 20s in lowest 5,000ft, no skim cooling while it’s warm just off the deck.

LOL at 19F at SLK.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

:lol: 

27F outside right now at 750ft and 29F at 1500ft.  Pretty uniform radiational night.  Mansfield summit was 25F for a low but looks to be ticking up again.

PWS around town at all elevations ranging 26F to 29F, pretty deep boundary layer with 20s in lowest 5,000ft, no skim cooling while it’s warm just off the deck.

LOL at 19F at SLK.

That’s not fake.