• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

Big AK pig should keep the mild weather that starts today into early November. Ensembles do show a potential transient trough/storminess near or just before Halloween though...so may have to watch that period for cooler/unsettled wx. Hopefully Halloween itself stays dry.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Big AK pig should keep the mild weather that starts today into early November. Ensembles do show a potential transient trough/storminess near or just before Halloween though...so may have to watch that period for cooler/unsettled wx. Hopefully Halloween itself stays dry.

Yea, we will have piggish stretches like that this winter...its not going to be 1996, but it won't be 2012, either.

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hopefully NYC is dry on Saturday the 29th.  I will be in Manhattan.  Sh.itty place to be walking around during cool rainy times. 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

There ya go. Fake. It’s warm just above your head.

Just as fake as Kev's oak-infused dews.  :lol:
In Maine's St. John Valley the inversion would generally start about 200' above the ground - smoke from the cedar mill's cone burner across the river in Canada would layer at about that level.  When I turned toward the north on the way to our office by the river and saw that layer, I'd know that it would be 10-15° colder there than at our back settlement home 450' higher.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Just as fake as Kev's oak-infused dews.  :lol:
In Maine's St. John Valley the inversion would generally start about 200' above the ground - smoke from the cedar mill's cone burner across the river in Canada would layer at about that level.  When I turned toward the north on the way to our office by the river and saw that layer, I'd know that it would be 10-15° colder there than at our back settlement home 450' higher.

Yep, there ya go. It's funny how defensive people get, but if your temp rebounds 20F in two hours from sunrise...it's definitely not a "cold" atmosphere. Like i said, chipmunks in hats and gloves with Timberland boots while the birds are sipping Mai Tai's listening to Zach Brown band.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

L O L he’s ready for warmer weather on October 21 after three nights of fake cold, what’s he gonna do when it’s not fake for three months if lead air

Wait aren’t you the guy that wants it 75° until Thanksgiving before any winter weather?

Outside of heating costs I am one of the few posters hear that is fine with deep winter cold even if it doesn’t snow.  

39 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wait aren’t you the guy that wants it 75° until Thanksgiving before any winter weather?

Outside of heating costs I am one of the few posters hear that is fine with deep winter cold even if it doesn’t snow.  

Oh I am not laughing at you I’m laughing with you. Heh

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve always said. You lose December .. you lose winter. Sure there’s 2016.. but it just makes things extremely short. To me , winter is ruined if Dec is bad 

If Nov/Dec torch then it might as well be 11/12 imo. If Nov torches but Dec is good then ok. 

Good chance a bad pattern in Nov/Dec will continue rest of winter. Turnarounds are rare