Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I am not....just looked it up and found it on Amazon though and it does seem like a good template. Basically an account of a whole bunch of weather events with a lot of accounts from people who experienced them.

Yeah I wouldn't do it to make money. If it makes money, that's a bonus. But I'd do it because I love writing about weather events and I'd want to document a lot of these events before they get forgotten. A lot of past weather events really don't have good historical accounts unless they were absolute top-end events like Feb '78 or Hurricane of '38, Worcester tornado '53, etc. But so many of these semi-large events sort of get relegated to "no memory or historical account" status so it would be nice to have one place to read about them.

If you do self-publish something, make sure at least one copy is printed on scrolls so Ginxy will read it.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I sometimes go shorts and then wear crew socks for extra coverage, because I get bad poison ivy as well. if I'm really scared of it I'll just wear sweats if it's early enough. Then it's straight to the shower with Tecnu Extreme 

I have picked up poison ivy on the legs multiple times, but still refuse to wear long pants. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I am not....just looked it up and found it on Amazon though and it does seem like a good template. Basically an account of a whole bunch of weather events with a lot of accounts from people who experienced them.

Yeah I wouldn't do it to make money. If it makes money, that's a bonus. But I'd do it because I love writing about weather events and I'd want to document a lot of these events before they get forgotten. A lot of past weather events really don't have good historical accounts unless they were absolute top-end events like Feb '78 or Hurricane of '38, Worcester tornado '53, etc. But so many of these semi-large events sort of get relegated to "no memory or historical account" status so it would be nice to have one place to read about them.

a worthy followup to K&U... your detailed meteorologic memory has tremendous value, why not get some $ for it...  you'd have enthusiastic demand just from this board alone

(no pressure ;)... I know the return on writing books does not match the effort)

2 hours ago, QCD17 said:

I only got to play the course once, as we had moved to Brooklyn shortly before it closed.  But I use the range across the street all the time.  I've chatted with the all 3 parties involved in the course/property/restaurant relationship over the years, and it's interesting to hear the different sides to the story.  It would be good to see it stay as a field or go back to farmland at some point.

There's a closed golf course near me, it's a great place to take a walk with my dog.

2 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Well 2 epic storms but I'd take other winters over that winter. 

I hear ya, but Sometimes it only takes one epic storm to make a winter memorable…that winter had two, and other smaller events thrown in.  

That winter also set a record for snowfall at BDL, which stood til ‘94, and then just two years later ‘96 beat ‘94.  

77-78 was a great winter for us here in CT/SNE. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Well 2 epic storms but I'd take other winters over that winter. 

I'd take 2015 over 78 if it happened earlier in the winter otherwise I'd take a biggie like 78. The bad thing about the 78 blizzard is we got shutout after that one, the whole pattern changed after that storm, probably because of the storm.

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

No one wears shorts north of the mass Pike and west of 128, unless at the pool, beach, playing sports, or summer party. That's it.  You're not gonna go clean gutters wearing shorts and white new balances, get real, you'll look like a honky. 

I don't care what people think I look like.  All about comfort, baby.

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s like a few  of these posters are living in some other warped world . Just bewildered 

Shorts ftw straight through to Novie.

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

same here. when I'm lazy and it's hot, I'll wack with shorts and long socks, but inevitably, some rocks will still sting me in the shins.

Is this what happens when grass doesn't grow?  Whack rocks instead?

54F

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is pants tent stuff if this were 6 weeks from now lol. For an ensemble mean that far out, pretty sweet look. We Miller B.

image.png.1a7f442cee8f5c76fcbf52fe8b739462.png

Glad we’re back to weather, vs swamp asses and shorts:P.  Ya let’s get that even a month from now. 

Whats Sunday and Monday looking like this week? That system/or whatever it is gonna come up the coast? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is pants tent stuff if this were 6 weeks from now lol. For an ensemble mean that far out, pretty sweet look. We Miller B.

image.png.1a7f442cee8f5c76fcbf52fe8b739462.png

Then we would have to listen to 9 days complaints about whether or not the high would slip offshore to early, or block the northward push of moisture into nrn New Eng, as well as where the coastal front will setup; screw zones... etc... My head hurts just thinking about it!!! Lol

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Then we would have to listen to 9 days complaints about whether or not the high would slip offshore to early, or block the northward push of moisture into nrn New Eng, as well as where the coastal front will setup; screw zones... etc... My head hurts just thinking about it!!! Lol

Already rehearsing i see, Its time to prepare for it.