• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

We bottomed out at 31.5 here.  Need to inspect some of the plants to see if anyone got zapped.  Fam was not happy that I haven't finished the winterized nesting box for the rabbits yet, either.  If the cottontails survive in the yard, I'm sure our rabbits will be fine in the tunnel they've dug under their hutch.

7 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

We bottomed out at 31.5 here.  Need to inspect some of the plants to see if anyone got zapped.  Fam was not happy that I haven't finished the winterized nesting box for the rabbits yet, either.  If the cottontails survive in the yard, I'm sure our rabbits will be fine in the tunnel they've dug under their hutch.

Same here....31.5

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not tonight. Will be windy. Won’t happen till mid Nov 

This has got to be one of the lamest weather years that I have lived through. 9 months and counting of absolute bore, save for Ian, and the one signature event 9 months ago still bent me over. My god, you have to go back to the previous cane season outside of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I went to work in Agawam the next day and no one at work believed what we had in Southern Worcester County till I showed them the pics I took. The ground was bare in Springfield/Agawam.

glad I was young and had no idea what happened around me.. I lived in Agawam

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This has got to be one of the lamest weather years that I have lived through. 9 months and counting of absolute bore, save for Ian, and the one signature event 9 months ago still bent me over. My god, you have to go back to the previous cane season outside of that.

I hear ya.

You’d think it’s gotta start picking up some over the next 4-6 weeks…let’s hope?:weep:

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I hear ya.

You’d think it’s gotta start picking up some over the next 4-6 weeks…let’s hope?:weep:

From a science standpoint, it's rather relieving. In an age where everything is blamed on CC and how things will get "wild"...it's sort of refreshing. 

I'm not saying CC isn't happening, but as Will says...we have a lot of recent confirmation bias and a quick trigger finger to point at CC. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just awful. One severe tstorm and that’s it 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

From a science standpoint, it's rather relieving. In an age where everything is blamed on CC and how things will get "wild"...it's sort of refreshing. 

I'm not saying CC isn't happening, but as Will says...we have a lot of recent confirmation bias and a quick trigger finger to point at CC. 

At the end of the day, people are going to point to CC regardless of whether its boring, or it isn't.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

At the end of the day, people are going to point to CC regardless of whether its boring, or it isn't.

Wouldn't CC lead to less extreme weather given weather is a combination of gradients and temperature extremes. 

If the whole world warms then things should be more uniform.

6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Wouldn't CC lead to less extreme weather given weather is a combination of gradients and temperature extremes. 

People have arguments in each direction, like with everything else in weather.

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Most of the literature points to more extremes on the whole....but it's not evenly distributed. We will see less extreme cold going forward but more extreme heatwaves, more extreme flooding events (and by precip proxy maybe some more extreme snow events).

The spacial distribution isn't very well-known either. Non-temperature attribution studies are generally some of the least confident in the science.