Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I have no issues if it gets warm in October whatsoever.  We’ve had a gorgeous autumn so far….actually a gorgeous two months September and October to date.  Some very Cool, and some very mild days..and some warm ones with temps in the mid 70’s, with some very nice autumn chill at night, with frosts and freezes to boot. It’s Been exactly as it should be.  

So I’ll take some warm weather as we head into the end of the month and enjoy every bit of it.  I say Bring it and let’s savor it…we’ve got grey and damp stick season coming, so some warmth is ok by me.  

Also, the color is just spectacular here this year…a lil earlier than it’s been…perhaps to the cool nights and traditional autumn weather this year has presented us with.  

I agree, and was commenting on this the other day.  Very bright and vibrant. 

I thought the general rule of thumb was stein summer = sh.it color, and late?  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s wild how 15 years ago on like WWBB everyone would’ve been throwing fits.  Now we are all genuinely like, yeah another mild couple weeks Is fine…we can enjoy it.

Winter is an awfully long season. It's great when there is action, but it's a bear when the pattern sucks.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Winter is an awfully long season. It's great when there is action, but it's a bear when the pattern sucks.

Yup….I think we are all realizing that.  I mean I’d take an accumulating snow event in late October, and enjoy the shit out of it. But I’d certainly rather have it hold off to mid/late November…when it’s much more likely, and welcomed to be honest.  There’s  No need to rush the beautiful autumn weather out too quick. 

56 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I agree, and was commenting on this the other day.  Very bright and vibrant. 

I thought the general rule of thumb was stein summer = sh.it color, and late?  

I think we got the rain just in the Nick of time, to really make the trees pop.  And out west here(lol), we got frequent showers all summer, you guys were quite a bit drier out your way, especially as you head even farther east it seemed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup….I think we are all realizing that.  I mean I’d take an accumulating snow event in late October, and enjoy the shit out of it. But I’d certainly rather have it hold off to mid/late November…when it’s much more likely, and welcomed to be honest.  There’s  No need to rush the beautiful autumn weather out too quick. 

I would totally welcome Oct snow....it's so anomalous and I love that stuff. Besides 3 days later it would be 70 anyways lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

That's not how that works

If the last few years repeat then expect this warmth to lock in for winter. I highly doubt this will just be some passing mild airmass

The usual deniers will just "poo poo" that possibility.....and it is well within the realm of possibility

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The usual deniers will just "poo poo" that possibility.....and it is well within the realm of possibility

Of course it’s a possibility, but calling it likely is scientifically dishonest. I’m not sure there is much of a correlation between October warmth and a warm winter.

The “it’s going to lock in” posts are just a defense mechanism in case for some reason it does 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

First if it snowed in October winter would suck, Now if we have a warm one it will too.....lol

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Of course it’s a possibility, but calling it likely is scientifically dishonest. I’m not sure there is much of a correlation between October warmth and a warm winter.

The “it’s going to lock in” posts are just a defense mechanism in case for some reason it does 

But for some reason these folks don’t ever seem to get this?   And when we push back on it, somehow we are deniers?  Silly folks for sure. 

We’ve had a perfect autumn this year…couldn’t be any better(picture perfect) yet it’s still AGW.  That’s some Messed up stuff. 

39 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, that does not make sense scientifically. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, dryslot said:

First if it snowed in October winter would suck, Now if we have a warm one it will too.....lol

Reflexive defense mechanism for those scared of a crappy winter. There's really nothing else to it.

We've already gone over the empirical numbers. Some would rather spout voodoo instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Reflexive defense mechanism for those scared of a crappy winter. There's really nothing else to it.

We've already gone over the empirical numbers. Some would rather spout voodoo instead.

Its irrelevant as far as winter goes in October as far as i'm concerned, I'm getting prepared for winter so i'd rather have the weather be on the warmer side or at least avg,  November means more to me and obviously what the pattern looks to be then heading into December.

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I believe there is some sort of negative correlation between October and the winter, while there is a positive correlation between November and winter. But the October snow argument is a myth.