Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

The maples have been pretty spectacular this season. Didn’t expect such good color with all the Stein over the summer. 

I have learned to stop paying attention to foliage forecasts.  Drought makes them bad. Wet weather makes it bad. Cold. Hot.   Everything will result in bad foliage. 

And yet here we are.   

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I have learned to stop paying attention to foliage forecasts.  Drought makes them bad. Wet weather makes it bad. Cold. Hot.   Everything will result in bad foliage. 

And yet here we are.   

One of the better foliage seasons I can remember 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

90% of their frost area will not have frost tonight. This is classic low lying fake radiation stuff . Hills will be either side of 40

Agree on that part.  I fit that description and have hit 35°F twice this year, neither with a frost.

Already down to 39.7°F, with a dew of 33, so we'll see.

14 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Agree on that part.  I fit that description and have hit 35°F twice this year, neither with a frost.

Already down to 39.7°F, with a dew of 33, so we'll see.

It happens every fall. And where it hits 32 in those low lying nooks and crannies.. a frost is a frost. But a true early season cold snap freezes the high elevations . I won’t get below 38

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Probably because their growing season ended already.

Growing season may be largely done, but we will continue issuing for those zones until 10/21. I forget what we decided on, but it's something like a week or two weeks past the median first freeze date. 

When I issued those advisories last night it was still a little early to be super confident in low temps so I left them out. Interior Rockingham can radiate, but MHT/ASH corridor and PSM don't really do great on these kinds of nights. ASH can go a few degrees colder than MHT though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1