Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, that certainly wasn’t even close to being the case here this year…not at all. Guess things were a lot worse out your way. We had showers hitting frequently this summer here. 

You guys had it better in SW CT. We steined for months. It began to end in August..but not getting rain in prime summer heat will hurt.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys had it better in SW CT. We steined for months. It began to end in August..but not getting rain in prime summer heat will hurt.

Ya SW CT had it even better than I did…but we did fine here in Central CT(West of the River)too. Nothing even close to what it was in 2020.   I guess you guys baked good out where you are, wow. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Sucked here-almost nothing from mid July to Labor day-about 10 inches since then.    Trees died here for sure-some mature especially trees rooted in ledge with less topsoil.  Never seen that before.

What a day to smoke some minor cirrus. The after work dog walk is not disappointing.

Day after day of sunshine and mild afternoons following crisp mornings.  Not sure it could get any more pleasant out here.

72/25 for 17% RH this afternoon at the ASOS in the valley.

10/10 all week long.

34F45A2D-1F7E-4471-857E-338043C822BE.thumb.jpeg.ae18872ab7023e0d5ee21d2fdf69d7fd.jpeg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

not here....I can see it from my window though, just won't move anymore NW

Hopefully this isn't a preview for this winter....

If the cold season will be as localized as this year’s warm season, I’ll lose a few stands of hair and a few finger nails.  

Up to 0.84” on the day now. 

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a day to smoke some minor cirrus. The after work dog walk is not disappointing.

Day after day of sunshine and mild afternoons following crisp mornings.  Not sure it could get any more pleasant out here.

72/25 for 17% RH this afternoon at the ASOS in the valley.

10/10 all week long.

34F45A2D-1F7E-4471-857E-338043C822BE.thumb.jpeg.ae18872ab7023e0d5ee21d2fdf69d7fd.jpeg

Practicing for the winter I see ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Practicing for the winter I see ;)

I was just thinking about what’s different in winter vs now… it’s the temps relative to normal.  This time of year (or spring, summer) if you are out of the precip and clouds… it’s warm/mild relative to normal.

Smoking cirrus in January is like a High of 8F vs having an area of like 45F and sun north of a snowstorm. Now it’s like wow, nice comfy day. You miss south in winter and it’s like wow, its fukkin frigid and breezy.