Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

36 minutes ago, weathafella said:

J.D., I asked around-no one remembered-including me!  So now we have it without scrolling through threads for an hour.  Could be a fun winter incoming!  Or it could suck.   We're always in first place before the season starts.

lol. Pretty much sums it up every year, just prior to the start of the season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, weathafella said:

J.D., I asked around-no one remembered-including me!  So now we have it without scrolling through threads for an hour.  Could be a fun winter incoming!  Or it could suck.   We're always in first place before the season starts.

No problem fellas.  Absolutely Jerry, hoping we do well(I’ll even take ok) this winter, and have some fun times with storms on the way for the whole area.  

30 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I love the house being cool.  Feels great after the heat and humidity of summer.

Oh I get that and Agree…but once it’s a lil to cool in there, ya gotta get the chill out if it becomes to damp for ya.  Everyone’s tolerance is different obviously too. I haven’t turned mine in yet either, but we’ll see how it is when I get home from the gym at 5:30 or so? 

Chill pockets getting pinched off from Canada early… It’s been a recurring theme over the past ten and in particular five years – don’t get used to it. Because it’s just as apt to fade into a winter paradigm that bears no resemblance to this, once the gradient of the hemisphere really kicks in and we set up a baseline Rossby signal.

Or maybe we’ll just hold this and it will just get stormier and colder  … I don’t know. Point is it hasn’t been very reliable to get cool air early. Not a very good indicator.  

Yeah I really should have the heat on in here my hands are getting cold but I have this thing every year where I try to get to October 15… I’ve lived in this house 10 years and I think this might be the second time I’ve considered doing so before that date. 

In the article i posted, Earlier, A girl said her parents told her it was a law not to turn the heat on until 10/15, Just like when your parents told you when you were growing up and at the beach, You had to wait 1 hour after you ate before you could go back in the water..........lol.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Same basic setup with strong HP to north pressing and exerting . Lots of low dews and limited forcing . Careful calling for heavy rains away from SE zones 

HP is not over Ontario this time, and seems to be moving east out of the area pretty quickly.  Could let a little more low level moisture in than on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

High was 49.7 today and in the 40’s all afternoon yesterday. No sun . House was down 59. I broke down . We heat 

Same here dude, 'cept I haven't turned it on.  House is actually 57 hah. Just back from a run and enjoying the cool, and then it's a evening sweater and bed by 10 or 11 ...  If I can just get by through tomorrow, Thursday's gon' be 70, HFD-LWM and the windows go open.   

Must make the 15th -

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

High was 49.7 today and in the 40’s all afternoon yesterday. No sun . House was down 59. I broke down . We heat 

Wow, chilly… we’ve been north of the clouds so high of 62F here off 27F min.  Already down into the 30s again though at 8:15pm as the up/down seesaw continues.

You guys are doing the low diurnal spread fall vibe, while up north seems to be running the sunny higher diurnal spread play.

Broke down here too. A few years back we got Mini Splits installed in the house in the upstairs bedrooms and also three downstairs on the main floor. It's a great alternative to the oil heat and actually saved us some money already the past few years ( only use the oil heat when it gets super cold to kick in )so with that said, we turnrf them on in the house as it is chilly. It feels so good LOL

• Like 2