Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

All I have heard about from OCMs is how the strongest cold front of the season is coming through on Friday, but it doesn't look impressive on the P&C....this past weekend was cooler.

I think the difference is more NW flow and cooler at night for places like BOS and on the coast.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Min of 33.1F here. Nice lake breeze at LCI to keep it torchy there.

100322lows.gif

There's the 24 at whitefield airport. I use weatherbug and Mostly use temps from the whitefield Airport. Thick layer of frost on everything. I cringe thinking about what my propane cost will be this winter. My heating system runs off propane 

2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

There's the 24 at whitefield airport. I use weatherbug and Mostly use temps from the whitefield Airport. Thick layer of frost on everything. I cringe thinking about what my propane cost will be this winter. My heating system runs off propane 

I filled up 3 weeks ago for $3.99 a gallon. It’s not nearly as bad as oil.

24 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m sold that it’s going to be another crappy weather period here. Whether that is .25 or 1”+… still up in the air.

As south coast mentioned yesterday; this doesn’t have as many negating factors as saturday

And please list the positive factors for your soakings forecast 

But mid 40s here under cloud canopy and raw wind is a month too early. Granted it’s only 9 am but ew 

I’d like a sold week of upper 60s or 70 one last time before having to commit to this shit. With sun too. 

Man … looking at the NAM grids in the mid Atlantic tho … .2 to .7 every 6 hrs, none stop, for two days in life sucking chill … ‘nough said 

Let’s hope we can strand one of these deals in a December whence temps are well behaved. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

But mid 40s here under cloud canopy and raw wind is a month too early. Granted it’s only 9 am but ew 

I’d like a sold week of upper 60s or 70 one last time before having to commit to this shit. With sun too. 

Man … looking at the NAM grids in the mid Atlantic tho … .2 to .7 every 6 hrs, none stop, for two days in life sucking chill … ‘nough said 

Let’s hope we can strand one of these deals in a December whence temps are well behaved. 

Wind has been relentless here. 2 days of gales and a mid level cloud deck to show for it.