Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022 Mid-Atlantic First Freeze Contest

WxUSAF

6 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Surprising result at IAD and notice how winds were either calm or No sourthely component like  previous 33-34 overnight lows.

i predicted 10/22 for IAD

its going to be mild for a while with next cold push 11/3-11/7

I predicted 11/4-5 for the rest, while I was off for IAD by 5 days. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems like the Sunday-Tuesday period is going to score for BWI and RIC. DCA maybe not a lock yet, but euro and GGEM both have widespread 20s for lows which would probably be a sufficient airmass for DCA too.

If I'm doing the calculations correctly via your spreadsheet, Yoda is looking good if we can get a nice cold snap to hit all of the sites Mon-Tue.  I would win via tiebreaker on Sunday, but that seems pretty unlikely with the timing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

If I'm doing the calculations correctly via your spreadsheet, Yoda is looking good if we can get a nice cold snap to hit all of the sites Mon-Tue.  I would win via tiebreaker on Sunday, but that seems pretty unlikely with the timing.

If BWI and RIC reach on Monday and DCA on Tuesday, then @yoda will win followed by you and @GramaxRefugee.  Collectively not our best showing for sure relative to past years.

• Like 3

Freeze watch up for most of MD that hasn’t had a freeze yet except the lower eastern shore. BWI and RIC still probably hit 32 Monday or Tuesday am. But cold shot next Friday-Saturday looks like a hard freeze for everyone outside of downtown DC with widespread mid 20s.

• Like 1

And there it is

REGIONAL WEATHER ROUNDUP
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
300 AM EST FRI NOV 18 2022

Note: "FAIR" indicates few or no clouds below 12,000 feet
with no significant weather and/or obstructions to visibility.
 TC=TEMPERATURE CELSIUS

* =Non NWS site. Station does not report precipitation (e.g. rain,
    snow, etc.), thunder, or fog.

DCZ001-MDZ009-015-VAZ040>042-051-053>054-180900-
WASHINGTON METRO

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
WASHINGTON NAT PTCLDY    31  22  69 SW6       30.20R WCI  25
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Whoa, apologies for not announcing this before.  With DCA reaching freezing on 11/18, that actually gave @yoda and @MN Transplant a tie with 17 days total departure.  @GramaxRefugee comes in 3rd with 18 days.  But @MN Transplanthit the tiebreaker of 81F exactly right and thus is the winner!  Congrats!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Whoa, apologies for not announcing this before.  With DCA reaching freezing on 11/18, that actually gave @yoda and @MN Transplant a tie with 17 days total departure.  @GramaxRefugee comes in 3rd with 18 days.  But @MN Transplanthit the tiebreaker of 81F exactly right and thus is the winner!  Congrats!

tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Thanks to everyone for making a fun and interesting contest. 

15 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Woo!  Thanks for running the contest.