• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Rtd208

Event total 2.78" over last 5 days.  Entire forum received much needed rain.  Coastal NJ did best with widespread 3-6" of rainfall.  Some local amounts there 5-8" with even some local 10"+ amounts.  Drought Monitor maps should be pretty much completely erased if not by tomorrow then by next Thursday issuance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

got drenched on the 4 mile jebwalk tonight, no radar is safe longer than 20 minutes with these quasi-feeder bands

also the radar returns are low because i guess the drop sizes are small so even moderate green is a soaker

i may have trenchfoot

Good morning Will. Take care of the feet, better that than hoof and mouth disease …. which generally does not become active until the cold season. As always …. 

1 hour ago, Snowlover11 said:

my gf woke up from the thunder and lightning, i was sound asleep.

We too had an overnight thunderstorm.  From around 1:40 - 2:10 am we had about a dozen flashes and accompanying loud rumbles.  Enough to rattle the dishes a couple times.  A full on thunderstorm, as impressive as any in summertime, complete with a deluge of rain, with a temperature at 47 degrees.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Massive CTG strike directly overhead. car alarms going off. Wasn’t expecting that. 

Most thunder I’ve heard in a very long time. Based on movement of this band, we may be raining for a while yet, especially way up north by you

Was about to post from my PC when a bolt of nearby lightning temporarily knocked out power. Safer to post from my phone. I had been watching the lightning approach for over an hour. Still more storms to our east, heading west. The weather bug app lightning map feature showed a large cluster of lightning strikes clustered around us. 1 was virtually on top of us. Yet none of the weather apps (Dark Sky, Weather Underground, etc..) were predicting even that rain was imminent. The biggest strikes here were about 10 minutes before this radar screenshot. Still hear rumbles of thunder.

Total so far: 0.59 for the day, 1.66 total. Current rate 0.17

image.thumb.jpeg.99888cb517e434cbaec05bfd63a6a49a.jpeg

• Thanks 1