• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Rtd208

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

Up where I am now we maybe have 0.5” total (where rain isn’t needed), the south shore probably has 1-1.5” where it’s desperately needed. Rain finally starting to overcome the dry air here. Hopefully the wetter models are right. 

I wouldn't say the rain is desperately needed though....this isn't California.

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

Up where I am now we maybe have 0.5” total (where rain isn’t needed), the south shore probably has 1-1.5” where it’s desperately needed. Rain finally starting to overcome the dry air here. Hopefully the wetter models are right. 

It's raining very hard here, we already have over 2" in this event.

This whole week is a huge downer lol.  I think people forget that for most of NYC's climate record, the average annual rainfall was around 40".  Going by the full climate history, this isn't much of a drought.  

The rain seems to be finally pushing over the Sound a bit, but it may be a while until we get any real rain with dew points still in the low 40s here in coastal CT. Just been a very raw November-like day. 

Happy for people on LI, hopefully this puts a bit of a dent in the drought on the South Shore. 

16 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The rain shield sliding north today makes the models showing the 2.00”+ additional of rainfall to the South Shore look believable for a change. 

Luckily we’re making a good dent gradually, and not some extreme weather event

Just now, winterwx21 said:

I'm up to 0.75 for the day now. Quite a soaker today, and a big bust as you said. But we'll certainly take it. It's great that this drought is being busted.

Thrilled for our location as we missed out on every opportunity this summer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rmine1 said:

Luckily we’re making a good dent gradually, and not some extreme weather event

The good thing about our climate is that we don’t have a well defined dry season like they do out West. So dry patterns usually resolve on their own. We haven’t had a water emergency in NYC since 2002. Meanwhile, the West has been experiencing more than a 1000 year megadrought over the last 10 to 20 years. Having nearly all months average around 4.00” gives us plenty of opportunities for precipitation here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1