• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Rtd208

September concluded with a monthly mean temperature of 69.6°, which was 0.4° above normal. In large part due to the impact former super typhoon Merbok had on altering the jet stream, cool air has covered the northeastern U.S. to close September. Much or all of the first week of October will see generally cooler than normal readings.

Rain will arrive tonight. From New York City and its nearby suburbs southward, a general 0.50"-1.50" rainfall with locally higher amounts is likely tomorrow through Sunday.

Conditions in ENSO Region 1+2 could have implications for October's temperature anomalies. Since 1950, 15/21 (71%) of cases with an ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly of -0.75°C or below were warmer than normal in the Middle Atlantic region, including Philadelphia and New York City. 48% were 1° or more above average in New York City and 62% were 1° or more above average in Philadelphia. Just 14% were 1° or more below normal in New York City while 24% were 1° or more below normal in Philadelphia. One-third of cases in both cities saw a monthly mean temperature of 60° or above. Such ENSO conditions also favored warmth in the Central and Northern Plains, along with dry conditions in the Plains States.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -1.0°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was -0.9°C for the week centered around September 21. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged -0.73°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged -0.95°C. La Niña conditions will likely persist through the fall.

The SOI was +11.11 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was +0.451 today.

On September 28 the MJO was in Phase 4 at an amplitude of 0.365 (RMM). The September 27-adjusted amplitude was 0.460 (RMM).

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

I don’t count any rain until it’s in the bucket this year. A split like that with the main precip offshore wouldn’t shock me at all. I’m in Long Beach now and anything not regularly irrigated is dead. Horrible to see. 

18z euro has 2-3 inches for LI by Tuesday 

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Sack up and get your butt in that water boy.

6 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

F around and find out.

i was looking at forecasts of 4-6 feet, which is rough but i swam that all day when Earl passed by.  now there's a high surf advisory already active for waves up to 8 feet.  plus it'll be dogshit weather out of the water.  also there's a barbecue i'm invited to with a hot girl there.  hot girl and meat vs drowning and being laughed at by everyone here when they find the internet article.  choices

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i was looking at forecasts of 4-6 feet, which is rough but i swam that all day when Earl passed by.  now there's a high surf advisory already active for waves up to 8 feet.  plus it'll be dogshit weather out of the water.  also there's a barbecue i'm invited to with a hot girl there.  hot girl and meat vs drowning and being laughed at by everyone here when they find the internet article.  choices

water before… ya know:scooter:

Morning thoughts…

Rainfall totals through 8 am include: Bridgeport: 0.22”; Islip: 0.38”; New York City: 0.34”; Newark: 0.35”; Philadelphia: 0.84”; and, Westhampton: 0.63”.

Today will cloudy and unseasonably cool. There will be showers and some periods of light rain. Eastern Long Island and eastern Connecticut could see some moderate to heavy rain. High temperatures will reach the upper 50s and lower 60s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 57°

Newark: 59°

Philadelphia: 63°

The cool weather will persist until the middle of next week before a brief period of warmer air arrives.

Normals:

New York City: 30-Year: 70.2°; 15-Year: 71.5°

Newark: 30-Year: 71.8°; 15-Year: 73.3°

Philadelphia: 30-Year: 73.0°; 15-Year: 74.3°

10 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Good morning Will. I wouldn’t laugh unless the hot girl and barbecue were somehow involved. Stay well, even if not celibate. As always.