Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Remnants of Ian: Threat for us?

stormtracker

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Radar is weird - streaming showers due east. Looks wet for northern baltimore county for a long time today.

Craziest radar returns I’ve ever seen. Draw a line between Philly and Baltimore and you’ve got returns streaming sw on one side and be on the other. 

Stupid weather. Thanks for the ruined weekend Ian.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Craziest radar returns I’ve ever seen. Draw a line between Philly and Baltimore and you’ve got returns streaming sw on one side and be on the other. 

Stupid weather. Thanks for the ruined weekend Ian.

We're getting water-boarded out here.  Where is this easterly flow during winter?  The actual rain is far more impressive than the radar returns.  Upslope FTW.

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

We're getting water-boarded out here.  Where is this easterly flow during winter?  The actual rain is far more impressive than the radar returns.  Upslope FTW.

I feel like the same is going on here on Parrs Ridge. Weak echoes but heavy rain. Chilly out too. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CatoctinRN said:

Same in Emmitsburg. Just downright killer on the arthritis as well.

I noticed it driving down 15 from near Thurmont yesterday.  Light returns, but a classic, straight off the Atlantic misty rainfall that requires wipers even when it's light stuff.  Plenty of fog at the top of Gambrill, too.  Good football day.

14 hours ago, IronTy said:

Nice evening here, it actually warmed 3F while we were eating dinner in North Beach.  I'd say this storm was pretty much a total bust, barely even a breeze out now.  I'll take the 2.5" of rain for sure though.  No complaints here. 

We had dinner at Herrington Harbor a couple months back while visiting family down there and I saw how low-lying that area is.  If there are NE winds of 20-30 with gusts to 40 all afternoon and night as forecasted, will that push water in there?

29 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

We had dinner at Herrington Harbor a couple months back while visiting family down there and I saw how low-lying that area is.  If there are NE winds of 20-30 with gusts to 40 all afternoon and night as forecasted, will that push water in there?

Probably but we're not getting anywhere near 40mph gusts.  Maybe 15-20 gusts if I'm being generous.  Basically just an overcast breezy day here now.  

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

4 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I feel like the same is going on here on Parrs Ridge. Weak echoes but heavy rain. Chilly out too. 

Same here yesterday, ended up with 0.66 of 'nothing on the radar 90% of the day' while I had light rain/drizzle and an occasional heavier shower that never stopped.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic