Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Remnants of Ian: Threat for us?

stormtracker

6 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Looks like 1” like most here.

Big af dry slot… I don’t like dry slots even in all rain events. 

Only time it’s good is when it cuts precip off just when a changeover happens

More specifically, a changeover from snow to something closer to rain. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PWS has max daily gust of 14.3mph since midnight. That means it was quite breezy as even in summer time storms this thing is hard pressed to get above 10 or 11 (it's not an ideal site as it is sheltered pretty well by trees and structures). 

The NAM nest and longer range HRRR both show a good amount of rain to come in the next "wave"

4 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

"Snow has only been recorded in September one other time, way back in 1967"

A good snow season followed for us with 30.5" at Dulles.  Lock it in?

not surprised in any way.  the entire last year has been generally on the cooler side.  assuming the pattern holds in the east, this has the feel of a classic winter incoming.

• Like 4

not surprised in any way.  the entire last year has been generally on the cooler side.  assuming the pattern holds in the east, this has the feel of a classic winter incoming.

Agree it’s not been hot it’s been on the cool side for some time it feels like months and months even this summer was not bad. I live a mile from the bay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. Just a straight up nasty day. And tomorrow will be the same. 

But wetter.

Looks like some places will see more rain tonight through Monday than last night with the slow moving/meandering coastal low. Some pretty impressive wind along the coast too with the pressure gradient setting up. 40-45 mph gusts for coastal DE tomorrow through early Monday morning.

gfs_mslp_wind_neus_7.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CAPE said:

But wetter.

Looks like some places will see more rain tonight through Monday than last night with the slow moving/meandering coastal low. Some pretty impressive wind along the coast too with the pressure gradient setting up. 40-45 mph gusts for coastal DE tomorrow through early Monday morning.

gfs_mslp_wind_neus_7.png

Rains been underwhelming so far in Northern MD. About a half inch so far.

The winds were quite gusty over night into this morning though.  I'd say some 30 mph+ gusts .

Thinking we could see an 1" plus the next 24 hours .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

Nice evening here, it actually warmed 3F while we were eating dinner in North Beach.  I'd say this storm was pretty much a total bust, barely even a breeze out now.  I'll take the 2.5" of rain for sure though.  No complaints here. 

Best part was probably last night...nice tropical/extra tropical winds with a good soaking! But yeah otherwise...our portion of the Atlantic is pretty mid...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic