Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Remnants of Ian: Threat for us?

stormtracker

4 hours ago, H2O said:

People just don't realize that its NOT a tidal wave amount of water that comes and goes.  It is a relentless, steady rise that lasts for hours.  Just when you think its done it keeps coming.  Wind can push a hell of a lot of water.  Likely to have deaths in the 1000s if too many people didn't haul ass out of there.

That is what is worrying me 

Without being garish I wonder how many drownings have not been discovered .

Garden City, SC -- we stay about 3-4 blocks north of where this was taken. I imagine the parking garage for our condo building is all water. At least our condo building all the units themselves are elevated, and almost every single family home in the area on Waccamaw Drive are all on stilts.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, mappy said:

Garden City, SC -- we stay about 3-4 blocks north of where this was taken. I imagine the parking garage for our condo building is all water. At least our condo building all the units themselves are elevated, and almost every single family home in the area on Waccamaw Drive are all on stilts.  

That area is definitely in the highest surge area now. Hopefully with enough forward motion the water won't pile up too high.

In-laws in Hilton Head got some decent winds and rain, but no surge there with the winds off the mainland. Probably some flooding in the creeks with NW-facing mouths, but likely not a huge deal.

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

That area is definitely in the highest surge area now. Hopefully with enough forward motion the water won't pile up too high.

In-laws in Hilton Head got some decent winds and rain, but no surge there with the winds off the mainland. Probably some flooding in the creeks with NW-facing mouths, but likely not a huge deal.

Pawleys Island and Murrels Inlet all getting hit hard too. 

Glad the in-laws are good and safe! 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic