Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Remnants of Ian: Threat for us?

stormtracker

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s not even that. Way less than other guidance. It pushes the remnant low well south with that high pressing in more and suppressing it. 

Looks like Euro has a similar look to 12Z - the secondary swath may have just started to pump.  But the low looks different. I think we have a lot of adjustments coming over the next few days.

Even with all the big storms of this century so far, our very own Isabel still leads the pack in terms of Integrated Kinetic Energy (IKE):

Isabel 173

Sandy 141

Katrina 121

Wilma 103

Frances 93

Ivan 81

Flo 49

Ian 47 (tentative?)

Ida 47

Dennis 40

Laura 21

Andrew 20

Charley 7

Other storms of note: Opal 120, Hugo 94, Andrew 20

(from Jeff Masters' site: yaleclimateconnections.org)

Don't ask me why I'm posting this at 4 AM. I thought I could go at least one year without worrying about our house down near Beaufort, SC, on an island. That's not the whole reason for my insomnia, but a bit of it. 

ETA: Another site had Irma with about 50 IKE and Michael with about 25.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Looks like everyone gets in on some rain from the initial surge northward late tomorrow and Saturday.

Possible development/redevelopment of low pressure along the MA coast as the remnants shift eastward is the feature to watch for additional rain/wind for late Sunday-Tuesday period.

Other guidance trended more toward the GFS solution than anything else overnight with that second round pushed south and diminished. That part is still a wild card. First round of rain looks basically locked in . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Other guidance trended more toward the GFS solution than anything else overnight with that second round pushed south and diminished. That part is still a wild card. First round of rain looks basically locked in . 

Yeah, have to see how that part trends today. 0z Euro still looks decent, but latest guidance suggests it would mostly impact coastal areas.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic