Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

17 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Will be interesting to see if ORD can reach 80 tomorrow.  It should be close either way.  Only 15 out of 150 years on record have had an 80+ degree reading occur after Oct 20, with the last one in 2007.

LOT now has 80 forecast.

33 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Not sure where it's coming from but there's a smell of burning leaves outside.  Always a little weird when it's paired with this kind of warmth.  Sort of like when it's in the 80s in spring with hardly any leaves on trees.  Just feels out of place.  

from your backyard.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Up to 79 at ORD.  Looks like a photo finish is setting up.

For dramatic effect... if it hits 80, it would be the first time this century that it occurs on 10/22 or later (last occurrence on this day or later was 10/28/1999)

I thought there was one or two very warm days early November 2020, upper 70s even here in Michigan.

• Like 2

Just now, hawkeye_wx said:

It appears we will finally have a couple solid bands of rain lifting through the region Monday/Tuesday.  Models are showing 0.75-1.25" for my area, maybe more for Chicagoland.  The last real rain here was five weeks ago.  The last >0.75" event was August 1st.

Just beat me

ORD is actually running a degree ahead of yesterday at this time.  Clouds don't really look like an issue during the remainder of daytime heating, though they'll probably still find a way to fall short of 80.  :axe:

Chicago's record high min for the 24th looks to be in some danger.

4 hours ago, frostfern said:

I thought there was one or two very warm days early November 2020, upper 70s even here in Michigan.

I remember it fondly, one of the most extreme events here in years (SON it was more anomalous). Most memorable was how it was balmy at 5:30 Nov 10 after the sun set; it felt like a warm summers' evening, humidex was an insane 23C!!! That in isolation might be a once in a 100 year occurrence. It got very cloudy just before dusk which kept the record shattering heat from escaping. Normally during that part of fall after the sun sets the temp drops by 1ºC per 15 minutes.

Getting back to this weekend's great wx, I got to 23C for the 2nd day in a row with mostly sunny skies. My 7 day shows a ton of sun for this time of year.

ORD 79'd again.

Some flash research to share... this is the first time in 102 years that Chicago has been 79'd on back to back days in October.  It's only happened in 1886 and 1920.  Both of those were before the middle of the month, so it's never happened this late before.