Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TD 9/Ian Banter

MattPetrulli

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

He said his parents were in Zone 3, only half of Zone 3 was told to evacuate. My guess is they live in the northern part of Zone 3, thus technically were not told to evacuate. 

What is Zone 3? The evac Zones are A thru E. I can tell you that Zones A thru C were told to evacuate. https://www.leegov.com/publicsafety/emergencymanagement/knowyourzone 

Completely untrue. The mandatory evacuation orders went out yesterday. 

Yeah for people on the coast or in zone A . When it was suppose to be a cat 2 maybe a 3 . No one in zone 3 or “C” was told to leave because the surge wouldn’t be as bad with a cat 2/3 storm .
This storm was Tampa / Panhandle up till yesterday . Not Naples , ft myers , Cape Coral .
By yesterday people from Tampa were driving south and east the roads were packed .
Not to mention the elderly who live in these areas .
The people along the coast or close to it . Yes stupid shouldn’t be there . The ones who were told this wouldn’t be “ that storm “ it isn’t on them at all .

5 minutes ago, Sportybx said:

Yeah for people on the coast or in zone A . When it was suppose to be a cat 2 maybe a 3 . No one in zone 3 or “C” was told to leave because the surge wouldn’t be as bad with a cat 2/3 storm .
This storm was Tampa / Panhandle up till yesterday . Not Naples , ft myers , Cape Coral .
By yesterday peolle from Tampa were driving south and east the roads were packed .
The people along the coast or close to it . Yes stupid shouldn’t be there . The ones who were told this wouldn’t be “ that storm “ it isn’t in them at all .

https://abc-7.com/news/2022/09/27/lee-county-announces-mandatory-evacuations/

46 minutes ago, Sportybx said:

By yesterday people from Tampa were driving south and east the roads were packed .
The people along the coast or close to it . Yes stupid shouldn’t be there . The ones who were told this wouldn’t be “ that storm “ it isn’t on them at all .

*edit...just not appropriate.

I hope your family comes through this okay.

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I am extremely concerned since we have cousins there.  I can’t fathom why they didn’t leave. 

I had neighbors who move there but we lost touch over the years.   I’m hoping they were smart enough to leave ahead of the storm