• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TD 9/Ian Banter

MattPetrulli

Brevard County Director of Emergency Management, on an official FB Livestream, just said that the worst of the rain is going to be on the eastern side. And that winds aren't going to be an issue here, despite MLB forecasting worst case of 58-73 mph winds.

Like -- has he even been paying attention to what actual mets have been forecasting?

1 minute ago, mappy said:

MacDill south of Tampa is almost 50% at or just below sea level. 30ft max amsl

I hate to make this point, but we seem to have already escaped the worst-case scenario.  If Ian took the track into St. Pete/Clearwater, the surge up Tampa Bay would have been intense.  With the storm slipping south, it'll be bad, but not top-tier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I hate to make this point, but we seem to have already escaped the worst-case scenario.  If Ian took the track into St. Pete/Clearwater, the surge up Tampa Bay would have been intense.  With the storm slipping south, it'll be bad, but not top-tier.

Overall realistic outcomes at this point are basically bad, worse, worser.

13 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Wondering how hardened the infrastructure is at Dry Tortugas NP.  Fort Jefferson will be fine, but the boat landing, etc.

The boat landing had suffered some damage in previous storms over the last decade or so so it might have been improved a bit. The moat wall had a 40’ section collapse after Irma so its definitely more susceptible to more damage now i would think.   

• Thanks 1

Yikes just found out my 20-something niece, husband and BABY who were in Destin flew to Tampa to get his boat and take it to Ft Lauderdale.  They're in south Tampa now and think they're gonna head south then east on I-75.  Uhhh, I-75 south is JAMMED and now there are jams eastbound from Naples towards Ft Lauderdale.

I think they should head NORTH out of Tampa back towards the panhandle area.  Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Yikes just found out my 20-something niece, husband and BABY who were in Destin flew to Tampa to get his boat and take it to Ft Lauderdale.  They're in south Tampa now and think they're gonna head south then east on I-75.  Uhhh, I-75 south is JAMMED and now there are jams eastbound from Naples towards Ft Lauderdale.

I think they should head NORTH out of Tampa back towards the panhandle area.  Thoughts?

I'm in the Panhandle and we are hosting Tampa evacuees. Panhandle is the better option. 

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

sucks...hopefully there is still costly damage to infrastructure

35 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Just tell them to park the boat in the Villages.  Those folks won't mind.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Either that or due east and and then down turnpike 

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Why does this worry people?  Aren't we all here because we love big storms?  There wouldn't be 165 members on this thread if we wanted storms to weaken.  If people want to live in dangerous places that's there prerogative, I'm not going to stop being a weather enthusiast because people choose to live in high risk areas.. 

* their 

43 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Just found out they are heading due east and then will head south to Boca.  They'll sit in some serious traffic but that will work.  Glad they didn't try to head south on I-75!