Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
TD 9/Ian Banter

MattPetrulli

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

I'm sure it has happened in history, but I can never recall a storm crossing Florida from the Gulf side then turning back west into SC/GA or NC after entering the Atlantic. 

Massachusetts hit is more likely.

54 minutes ago, NYC10023 said:

Wish everyone would spell “fort myers” correctly 

there’s no additional E in myers

Except the Urban part

30 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Niece is at school in Orlando ,,I know the track is still up in the air but ,thoughts on how bad this is gonna be there,,,I want her to head to the east coast to stay with Grandparents near del Ray ,,,,,,,but not sure what the right move is as the storm track is not written in stone ? Again what do u guys think

Raw08.gif

loved jimmy del ray back in the day

great gimmick

9 minutes ago, bustmusty said:

who thought this was a good idea?

Cape_Coral,_Florida.jpg

You mean dredging up swampland and building homes on top of the muck? Apparently the Rosens thought it was a good idea when they developed it back in the 50s and my parents and brothers and sisters think it’s a good idea. So good and trustworthy they refuse to evacuate. smh

Just now, GoAPPS said:

That there's a testament to the folly of man.

Developers got their way. Post Andrew, there was a building standard developed called the Miami-Dade Standard. It was designed to make residential and commercial structures more hurricane resilient. It began to take hold in Florida, but then the building association lobby got into the state legislature and killed it. Otherwise, it would have probably saved millions in Federal disaster reimbursement costs over the past 20 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

The people who use words like great, beautiful, amazing, etc to describe hurricanes are not sensitive individuals. I can understand being fascinated by the storm as most folks are but don't humanize something so terrible. My 2 cents boys, hate me

sickos-sicko.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

The people who use words like great, beautiful, amazing, etc to describe hurricanes are not sensitive individuals. I can understand being fascinated by the storm as most folks are but don't humanize something so terrible. My 2 cents boys, hate me

Still not as bad as the people who refer to it as a he or she.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hooralph said:

Is this the thread where we complain about family members in the path who won't evacuate?

My father-in-law is at ground zero - on a canal off Port Charlotte harbor...

My in-laws place is right by El Jobean bridge. They aren't there but the house is in the red evacuate zone. Do you know if a lot of the area is staying? 

This will be one of the first storms I track where family property is on the line. 

My cousin is in the McGregor neighborhood of Fort Myers.  I called and begged her to leave this morning. She said most of her neighbors are from the midwest and they all thought this was moving north and gonna dissipate. I hope that's just her clueless neighbors and not the general sentiment of this region. She's on a canal and says only one person moved their boat. I got her to go to a condo a mile more inland. 

IMG_20220927_084656.jpg

• Like 1