Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TD 9/Ian Banter

MattPetrulli

11 hours ago, Prospero said:

Whatever. The Legend is Charlie was a Cat 5 badass legendary storm that is known as the most mighty badass legendary Cat 5 to ever hit these parts in a long time.

Don't mess with me on banter. Charlie was a Cat 5 for the Legend.

Maybe the Cat 5 legend was born when the hype was all about rapid intensification over favorable conditions on its way to destroy Tampa Bay. Was there a Cat 5 model coming over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay?

You Tube video of a gas station being shredded, IIRC, had something about Cat 5 gusts.  Implication was that it was a Cat 5, as that makes it 'sexier'.

Coast Guard has shut down all ports on the east side of FL south of JAX. Still so much uncertainty with track and intensity after landfall.  Preparations are underway for possible evacs in Savannah, Myrtle Beach along the coastlines.  I'm getting calls from EMA's all up and down the coasts.  

Ian is going to make one helluva impact.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Coast Guard has shut down all ports on the east side of FL south of JAX. Still so much uncertainty with track and intensity after landfall.  Preparations are underway for possible evacs in Savannah, Myrtle Beach along the coastlines.  I'm getting calls from EMA's all up and down the coasts.  

Ian is going to make one helluva impact.

I'm actually leaving tomorrow for Myrtle Beach, do you have any specific info or link I can get updates on?

Thanks!

Just now, sauss06 said:

i was in MB during Charlie. pretty crazy

Nice I guess, I'm really hoping to experience some "weather" but not be evacuated either.  I know there's a chance this heads over the Atlantic but at a greatly reduced strength and was trying to figure out if it's only a TS would they issue mandatory evacs along the coast.  Staying at a Ocean Front Condo.

3 minutes ago, Porsche said:

I'm actually leaving tomorrow for Myrtle Beach, do you have any specific info or link I can get updates on?

Thanks!

I do not.  Just prelim discussions should the storm track up the coast.  I'm in the temporary equipment business and we get an early read on planning discussions for EMA's.  I think we will know a lot more about where all of this will net out by this time tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Nice I guess, I'm really hoping to experience some "weather" but not be evacuated either.  I know there's a chance this heads over the Atlantic but at a greatly reduced strength and was trying to figure out if it's only a TS would they issue mandatory evacs along the coast.  Staying at a Ocean Front Condo.

We were Ocean Front. Within a couple of checking in, we were forced out. Lucky for us my uncle lived inland about 5 miles so we had somewhere to go. The building we were to stay in, was destroyed. looked like a war zone.

I'm sure if you check the MB emergency management web site you will get good info 

• Like 1

Just now, sauss06 said:

We were Ocean Front. Within a couple of checking in, we were forced out. Lucky for us my uncle lived inland about 5 miles so we had somewhere to go. The building we were to stay in, was destroyed. looked like a war zone.

I'm sure if you check the MB emergency management web site you will get good info 

Thank you, appreciate and will stay updated on this.

3 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

I do not.  Just prelim discussions should the storm track up the coast.  I'm in the temporary equipment business and we get an early read on planning discussions for EMA's.  I think we will know a lot more about where all of this will net out by this time tomorrow.

Appreciate the input.

37 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I'm sure it has happened in history, but I can never recall a storm crossing Florida from the Gulf side then turning back west into SC/GA or NC after entering the Atlantic. 

Charley struck both Florida and the Carolinas. You don’t need to turn west to hit them after Florida exit.

yeah the east coast. We are only under a tropical storm warning but it keeps getting closer and now that we are in a mobile home she is freaked. We went through Francis and Jeanne in our house with minor damage. She is afraid this storm is going to get closer with some hurricane force gusts which is iff in a fifth wheel.

1 minute ago, eyes2theskies said:

yeah the east coast. We are only under a tropical storm warning but it keeps getting closer and now that we are in a mobile home she is freaked. We went through Francis and Jeanne in our house with minor damage. She is afraid this storm is going to get closer with some hurricane force gusts which is iff in a fifth wheel.

Please stop posting this in the main thread. Post here, in banter. I moved your post. 

• Like 1