• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TD 9/Ian Banter

MattPetrulli

The Euro still does its thing to otherwise level headed people. After the 6Z run today, there were so many accredited meteorologists on Twitter explaining why because that model consistently underdeveloped Ian, once it finally picked up the strength of the vortex, of course it caved to the GFS solution of stronger means further west….and therefore possible minimal effects on the FL west coast. 

Now, with one single 18Z run, the same rush to explain, except now it’s for the south of Tampa landfall, is building.

1 minute ago, gymengineer said:

The Euro still does its thing to otherwise level headed people. After the 6Z run today, there were so many accredited meteorologists on Twitter explaining why because that model consistently underdeveloped Ian, once it finally picked up the strength of the vortex, of course it caved to the GFS solution of stronger means further west….and therefore possible minimal effects on the FL west coast. 

Now, with one single 18Z run, the same rush to explain, except now it’s for the south of Tampa landfall, is building.

The cone of uncertainty strikes again! 
200w.gif?cid=82a1493bbp19lizs4xgeifrsxl5

17 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

...gouge my eyes out

Please don't, but I understand.

Charlie, the famous Cat 5 (about the size of a Dime), was heading straight into Tampa Bay. The traffic jams right now may not beat Charlie's.

You know, every minute checking forums, TV, anything that had latest information. Right in the path of the Cat 5. Past couple or few days it's been building. The latest NHC graphic is very worst. Yet, as the tracks go this way and that, no matter what they can not be worse than this moment where I live.

:)

5 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Charlie, the famous Cat 5 (about the size of a Dime), was heading straight into Tampa Bay. The traffic jams right now may not beat Charlie's.

You know, every minute checking forums, TV, anything that had latest information. Right in the path of the Cat 5. Past couple or few days it's been building. The latest NHC graphic is very worst. Yet, as the tracks go this way and that, no matter what they can not be worse than this moment where I live.

Charley was a 4

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Charlie 

• Haha 1

Whatever happened to the Florida State University super-ensemble?  It looked at individual model family biases over a certain time period, and adjusted the models per apparent bias, and then took a mean.  NHC stopped mentioning it.  I'm not sure even FSU met students had access to the model...

Did FSU drop it?

1 hour ago, Tezeta said:

Charley was a 4

Whatever. The Legend is Charlie was a Cat 5 badass legendary storm that is known as the most mighty badass legendary Cat 5 to ever hit these parts in a long time.

Don't mess with me on banter. Charlie was a Cat 5 for the Legend.

Maybe the Cat 5 legend was born when the hype was all about rapid intensification over favorable conditions on its way to destroy Tampa Bay. Was there a Cat 5 model coming over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay?

11 minutes ago, tristateweatherFB said:

Exactly!  My main theme on my weather page this am is pick your poison. 
surge flooding or fresh water flooding from 30 inches of rain. 

Reading the main board people acting like a South of Tampa landfall is gonna make some huge difference! For someone reading the thread to get info, those posts just add confusion, imo

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Prospero said:

Whatever. The Legend is Charlie was a Cat 5 badass legendary storm that is known as the most mighty badass legendary Cat 5 to ever hit these parts in a long time.

Don't mess with me on banter. Charlie was a Cat 5 for the Legend.

Maybe the Cat 5 legend was born when the hype was all about rapid intensification over favorable conditions on its way to destroy Tampa Bay. Was there a Cat 5 model coming over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay?

CHARLEY. CHARLEY. CHARLEY. IT'S SPELLED CHARLEY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1