Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Ian

Scott747

On 4/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks for posting this. I keep forgetting to go look for it. Have been busy dealing with the ongoing aftermath of Ian, and will be cleaning up tree and other debris for a long, long time on our 5 acres of prime swampland, over 30 trees came down and smashed lots of stuff.

As I am reading through this document I noticed they use Max Olson's videos as a reference, on page 50 of the PDF under Figure 10-Deployed USGS Water Level Sensor, and photos from his videos are on page 51 under Figure 11. Josh Morgerman's images are on page 61 Figure 21, and data on page 7. I have seen a bit of criticism thrown at the chasers on this and the previous forum over the past decade and a half. So I would like to thank Max and Josh very much, and all the other responsible chasers who provide visual images and other information for our government and the general public to learn from.

I also want to thank the owners and moderators of this forum for providing a centralized place to discuss the weather and share information. I have found it to be invaluable and necessarily for obtaining the earliest information to start planning for a potential storm, never mind my obsession and love hate relationship with the weather on this planet. So fascinating to watch and so miserable to endure. 

• Like 2