• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Ian

Scott747

East of Orlando here, yard flooded, water 6 inches to a foot deep everywhere, septic backed up. I don’t live in a flood zone so can’t imagine what it looks like in those places. We got 11 inches of rain with Irma and had no standing water so this is quite something. Oh, no wind damage to note and didn’t lose power which is a minor miracle since I typically do for pretty much anything stronger than a deer fart.

• Like 5

East of Orlando here, yard flooded, water 6 inches to a foot deep everywhere, septic backed up. I don’t live in a flood zone so can’t imagine what it looks like in those places. We got 11 inches of rain with Irma and had no standing water so this is quite something. Oh, no wind damage to note and didn’t lose power which is a minor miracle since I typically do for pretty much anything stronger than a deer fart.

Annnnddd there went my power

• Haha 5
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Center is moving offshore now near Port Canaveral. Will be interesting to see how quickly Ian reorganizes over still very warm SST for next 24 hours.

Not enough to really intensify as the core is completely gone. 

It's still structurally sound and could get a baroclinic assist but anything beyond a high end TS or low end Cat 1 will be impossible 

Just now, Mikeymac5306 said:

Easy. They have a list of places they evacuated and a list of those who stayed in those evacuated places. 

Doubt if they know for sure they stayed or if they got out at the last minute. No one knows for sure how high the death tolls are right now, hopefully it’s a significant overestimate. Too early to speculate on something like that and I’m sure crews are out doing rescues, but it wouldn’t be surprising if many did decide to stay that there’s a high death toll. Hundreds of thousands of people live in that area. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Doubt if they know for sure they stayed or if they got out at the last minute. No one knows for sure how high the death tolls are right now, hopefully it’s a significant overestimate. Too early to speculate on something like that and I’m sure crews are out doing rescues, but it wouldn’t be surprising if many did decide to stay that there’s a high death toll. Hundreds of thousands of people live in that area. 

Very high population density and popular with retirees. I imagine we will see significant fatalities, but hopefully “hundreds” is an overestimate 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Not enough to really intensify as the core is completely gone. 

It's still structurally sound and could get a baroclinic assist but anything beyond a high end TS or low end Cat 1 will be impossible 

Totally agree and much of the wind will be generated by gradient between big high to the north and leftovers from Ian to the south.  Only thing that will aid in surge and coastal flooding along GA/SC is fact that flow has been strong onshore last 24 hours + so water has already been piling up along the coast.  Agree though, not much left core wise to organize.  Combine that with shear and low DP air to the west.  Gradient and some baroclinic assist is all we've got.