• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ian

Scott747

SevereStudios cam set up WSW of Punta Gorda is getting rocked right now, the worst it has been all day visually there.

The W-N eyewall is still potent, with new hot towers visible on IR satellite and a higher end velocity signature still. There also looks to be a sustained MV signature just north of Punta Gorda, on the NW side of the COC as well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hotair said:

The future of hurricane recon will likely be mostly via drone.  No reason to put lives at risk to collect hurricane vitals and track 

95466389-BC16-42B5-A9A3-3289761FD614.jpeg

There was a mission designated "training" that flew an odd flight path, N-S-W-N-W-S, and stayed well to the NW of Ian's core, mostly below Biloxi ...repeated a couple times, maybe that was it?  edit-- Now that I can see the timeZulu, that wouldn't be 0400h...

recon_AF308-2709A-IAN.png

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Really curious to know what’s going on in Tampa Bay Area right now. Have to imagine some severe coastal flooding all along the e south sections of the bay with the persistent northerly fetch.

It’s going to get interesting there as the eye passes well South and winds flip to onshore next couple of hours. Still overall think they dogged quite a bullet.

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Really curious to know what’s going on in Tampa Bay Area right now. Have to imagine some severe coastal flooding all along the e south sections of the bay with the persistent northerly fetch.

I’m in Clearwater (Safety Harbor) and we’ve barely seen any impacts all day. Very fortunate.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

My guess is most of Tampa Bay is under water, either from tidal flooding, or from tremendous rainfall. All that rain has no where to go, leaving streets flooded, even away from the shore.

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It’s going to get interesting there as the eye passes well South and winds flip to onshore next couple of hours. Still overall think they dogged quite a bullet.

I believe the biggest story will be rainfall. But the Tampa Bay Area is going to be right on the cut off for the heaviest. South/east sections get hit hard, north/west not bad at all.