• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Ian

Scott747

Really serious situation with my extended family... last I heard from them 20 minutes ago the water was up to their necks in their house in the Royal Woods neighborhood of Ft. Myers, and they are too old and weak to swim for a higher building. How much more is the water expected to rise? The eye should be over them now based on radar, how long before Ft. Meyers gets the backside of the storm? If they have some time maybe they could float to somewhere more elevated... Any information would be really appreciated, I am extremely worried and my stepfather is in hysterics. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 27

53 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Maryland and Virginia have sent a lof of logistics and staff down to you. Florida will bounce back quick.

Same with NC/SC and IN/OH. Utilities help each other out, especially after they've solidified their own system. They will start with the backbone, if affected, and move towards the remotest lines. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

Really serious situation with my extended family... last I heard from them 20 minutes ago the water was up to their necks in their house in the Royal Woods neighborhood of Ft. Myers, and they are too old and weak to swim for a higher building. How much more is the water expected to rise? The eye should be over them now based on radar, how long before Ft. Meyers gets the backside of the storm? If they have some time maybe they could float to somewhere more elevated... Any information would be really appreciated, I am extremely worried and my stepfather is in hysterics. 

Yikes. Hopefully they’ve let their 911 hotline know they need assistance as soon as available.  Katrina survivors were able to get in their attic and then bust through with hammers axe or whatever and climb above when winds died down 

• Like 3

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I think this has a shot at eclipsing Katrina for the most outlying Us hurricane. Naples Alone is a very wealthy area. All the homes with salt water flooding need to be gutted.

I hope they all have adequate hurricane insurance. So many got cancelled recently, and had to go to the state for the insurance of last resort.

AT 526 PM EDT, NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED EXTREME WINDS, ASSOCIATED WITH THE EYEWALL OF HURRICANE IAN, WERE MOVING ONSHORE OVER CHARLOTTE COUNTY AIRPORT, OR NEAR PUNTA GORDA. THE HURRICANE EYEWALL WAS MOVING SLOWLY NORTHEAST AT 5 MPH. THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION!  
as per TornadoHQ.

• Like 2