• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter 22-23 General Observations

John1122

The high for tuesday was shortly after midnight at 38.4 while falling to the low 30s by morning.  During the early evening I managed to crack 37 before falling back to 36 and staying there til now. I noticed some flurries flying this morning but didn't experience any accumulation. If Big A or Clinch mountain saw anything I may take a picture or two in the morning with things cleared out.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, John1122 said:

After a few spotty showers earlier, a nice moderate rainfall ongoing here as well. Looks like what Holston is getting is heading my way too. Hopefully it goes all the way into Virginia and North Carolina. 

Sure hope it makes it up this way. Breezy out with low rh.  currently 48%.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The strong easterly winds had really put the kabash on Totals in the great Valley. Imagine if those mountains weren't there .?.. probably would have Totals of 1-2 inches within the Valley already.

Side note; Nicole circulation a bit further west than progged track. Sitting over SWNC/SETN Border at Noon.  

• Like 2

If the mountains were not there, winters would be much better in East Tenn. However the Carolina cliff diving would be even worse, lol!

On 11/11/2022 at 12:11 PM, Daniel Boone said:

The strong easterly winds had really put the kabash on Totals in the great Valley. Imagine if those mountains weren't there .?.. probably would have Totals of 1-2 inches within the Valley already.

Side note; Nicole circulation a bit further west than progged track. Sitting over SWNC/SETN Border at Noon.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Ended up with what my grandpa always called a "chestnut log" snow. Where the logs and raised surfaces are white but the ground isn't. Sitting at 31 right now with a cold North wind at around 12.  

Just a few lt flurries here last night. 32.5 currently. KMRX busted too high on Temps, not surprisingly. 

• Like 3