Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Fiona

GaWx

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

On the satellite you can see the beginning of the tug back to the left in the direction of the high clouds. They seem to be backing to the left somewhat already. 

Fiona's easterly component of motion is expected to stop in the next 2-3 hours per 12Z GFS as the phasing with the trough starts to pull it north.

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Here's another view of it on the 500 mb maps.  This isn't just a little influence... it's a robust interaction/phasing between the trough and Fiona.

floop-gfs-2022092300-500hv-na.gif

How come some troughs can "kick" a storm out to sea as oppose to phase with it like Fiona and Sandy? What is the difference that determines these two outcomes?

2 minutes ago, GaWx said:

@WxWatcher007 is if I'm not mistaken.

Yes. I'm in Port Hood on Cape Breton Island. Conditions gradually deteriorating here with heavy rain and a relatively light breeze so far.

Not much bandwidth to stream. If there's something streamable I'll try to do so. Pressure down to 994.5mb. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yes. I'm in Port Hood on Cape Breton Island. Conditions gradually deteriorating here with heavy rain and a relatively light breeze so far.

Not much bandwidth to stream. If there's something streamable I'll try to do so. Pressure down to 994.5mb. 

Good luck my friend, glad you are there and had a window to chase this one.  I'm very interested since I have family in Halifax.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Be safe and enjoy the experience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maxwell03 said:

It does look very Sandy-esque on satellite 

Same evolution as Sandy so pretty much the same result except a good bit worse because of the marine heatwave in the area and it being a month earlier. Judging by the radar a bit of west movement now? 

Sandy was 945mb at landfall, looks like those insane model runs in the 920s-930 will be right. Yikes.