Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

17 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Lots of very knowledgeable posters, not to say we don’t have that too. They’ve weeded out the problems there and it’s a good read. I specifically recommend the December medium-long range thread.

Exactly, their really knowledgeable posters have helped me to learn a ton over the years. When things are looking good, they are a must read for me.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You going with T or .01?  :-) 

Definitely a T lol, with 2-4” drifts out of the water spouts. 

Pretty unique as far as thunderstorms go. Wasn’t much wind that mixed down as we’re locked in with cool air damming. It’s finally cracked 40° after being in the high 30s all day. 

• Haha 1

5:45p Williamsport: The weather just scared me! I was eating and watching TV and suddenly the window showed light where there had been darkness and I could see a long thin bluish white line was stretched across from left to right. I was startled and then I realized of course it had to be lightening.  

As I recall, we were only supposed to have .25 rain mostly during day which I figured should be ending soon. Now we have .36 rain tonight; updated forecast still has no mention of thunderstorms even though I see others have gotten them, too. 

Yes this is funny but it shows how little raining and storming we have had for months.  I'm not used to it anymore!  I didn't use my umbrella for over a month this fall and didn't use it much this summer either. Not much rain, especially during daylight hours. 

The sky when it wasn't raining today was about the same as when it was. The dreariness was intense. I am glad this happened today instead of earlier in the holiday weekend.

6:15: Another phenomenon! I was getting more food in the kitchen when things suddenly were darker. I turned around, looked up and yes, one of the lightbulbs had gone out. I am now armed with some LED bulbs so when I replace the halogens tomorrow, I should have to do it again for years, i guess.

I hope I am left in peace now for the rest of the night. Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving.

13 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Just stop obsessing with the daily forecast and how warm it is (yeah I know it sucks) and keep an eye on the long range. I’ve become surprisingly good at it, sadly. Keep expectations low.

Agree with you (though I think the weather recently has been beautiful) but I'll add this to keep things in perspective. We've had many an amazing pattern show itself in the long range over the past several years that never materialized. There are still some really good mets who are not enthused about December at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Agree with you (though I think the weather recently has been beautiful) but I'll add this to keep things in perspective. We've had many an amazing pattern show itself in the long range over the past several years that never materialized. There are still some really good mets who are not enthused about December at all.

The MA LR thread has led many people off the cliff year upon year due the difference between patterns and day to day weather, so I agree.  Interesting convo going on there though.   Eventually we are going to score big again. 

• Thanks 1

@Bubbler86 @Itstrainingtime Totally agree. We walk a fine line during this whole process. You’ve got people canceling winter on one side and teenagers on twitter calling for historic cold blasts and feet of snow. Just have to stay steady and try to synthesize all the information that’s being thrown at you. This hobby is hard to explain to people who aren’t in on it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, anotherman said:

@Bubbler86 @Itstrainingtime Totally agree. We walk a fine line during this whole process. You’ve got people canceling winter on one side and teenagers on twitter calling for historic cold blasts and feet of snow. Just have to stay steady and try to synthesize all the information that’s being thrown at you. This hobby is hard to explain to people who aren’t in on it. emoji1787.png

Anyone cancelling winter is loco!  LOL.  Winter does not even start until mid next week.  I think a great way to view this is to look at another MA thread, the snowfall predict thread.  Many of the same MA LR posters who are excited about the pattern are putting very pedestrian totals into the season predict thread.   If asked to describe December I would say there is a good chance it snows some.  LOL.