Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

I just wanna know when I can rub it in to family and friends when it's 75 here and snowing like crazy back there. 

So far, this isn't going the way I planned... :lol:

You would have seen the same thing play out in 2019, 2020, and 2021.  LOL.   Put that second week of Dec into your calendar to check back :-).  The @Blizzard of 93 snow should be coming then. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

You would have seen the same thing play out in 2019, 2020, and 2021.  LOL.   Put that second week of Dec into your calendar to check back :-).  The @Blizzard of 93 snow should be coming then. 

Here’s another look at that 18z GFS 300+ hour away storm.

The advertised upcoming pattern would support it…

FB89B3C3-BB8C-4A2B-A01B-95385A6C87AC.png

DB250589-CA02-4962-A2C5-4A64D702DE48.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

We had been talking about home heating...fyi home heating oil is way down right now (compared to its high point).  Can be had for 4.50 a Gal.   That is not bargain compared to last year at this time but a good $1/gal less than a month or two ago. 

Just a quick comment about my HVAC expenses...between my electric and natural gas I spend on average $150/month. That's for both and there's very little fluctuation in that amount.

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Should be interesting to follow. MU is not enthused at all about December, stating that both the SPV and MJO will be very unfavorable for local snow lovers.

More recent LR op's and ENS has backed down a bit from the great look.  GFS floods us with warm air after the Blizz storm.  Still a better pattern coming on LR but a bit more mixed IMO.  

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

More recent LR op's and ENS has backed down a bit from the great look.  GFS floods us with warm air after the Blizz storm.

While it's not always true, I'm a firm believer in what October and November (and April and May in the spring) show, so is the general pattern for the solstices. 

So far, to me anyway, it looks like the "general" trend is going to be troughy in the west and ridgy in the east. Of course there are flips here and there, but...

39 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m going to bump this post…this is the 12z EPS from today.

This is a very good look from the best ensemble in the day 10 to 15 range.

This is probably in response to my post.  2 days ago the mid Dec look was an 8/10 IMO.   Would call it a 6 or 7 out of 10 now.  A bit of can kicking on the GEFS and the OP GFS was full on not good after the Blizz storm.  Just what it is on 18z, not fact or a forecast.

10 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

You can't escape the chill...it will find you!

It's true. I can't.

Like I said in a previous post a few weeks ago, that record shattering heat wave a few February's ago, when you guys were flirting with 80, I was freezing my ass off in a truckstop in Palm Springs.

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

It's true. I can't.

Like I said in a previous post a few weeks ago, that record shattering heat wave a few February's ago, when you guys were flirting with 80, I was freezing my ass off in a truckstop in Palm Springs.

I'm sure it will change. Pa. Temperatures will be in the negatives and you'll be in the 80s. Sitting by the pool in your speedo.