Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You called me getting above you today.    Good call.  My closest official station, HGR, is at 46. 

Thank you - I pay attention to your wind direction microclimate in your area. :) 

By the way, Roundtop blew snow over the weekend - not sure how much will be left before they have an opportunity for serious snow making again. It's always a crapshoot during preseason - they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Skiers get restless this time of year when it gets cold, it's almost a good faith gesture to start blowing. Flip side is, warm weather and rain will wash away what they did make and they end up back at the beginning after several nights of snowmaking. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thank you - I pay attention to your wind direction microclimate in your area. :) 

By the way, Roundtop blew snow over the weekend - not sure how much will be left before they have an opportunity for serious snow making again. It's always a crapshoot during preseason - they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Skiers get restless this time of year when it gets cold, it's almost a good faith gesture to start blowing. Flip side is, warm weather and rain will wash away what they did make and they end up back at the beginning after several nights of snowmaking. 

Yea, not looking great for them to keep anything they blew.  I am guessing they did the same at Liberty and you are exactly right in that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.  At one point a few days ago, things were looking much better going into Dec.  The OP GFS's 70's are probably over done but nothing LR looks great through much of the first week of Dec. 

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, not looking great for them to keep anything they blew.  I am guessing they did the same at Liberty and you are exactly right in that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.  At one point a few days ago, things were looking much better going into Dec.  The OP GFS's 70's are probably over done but nothing LR looks great through much of the first week of Dec. 

This stinks after last week. We had to go through much of Nov warm now starting in December. Yuck. Get the shorts out. LOL

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

When the storm forming on the tail of a front/transferring early idea went out the door, so did our snow... delay or not. 

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It’s November 21st and our average high temperatures are still near 50.

Some of us already scored some early season snow & we have had some frigid temperatures this week.

Our snow tracking time is coming soon!

Thanks guys keep me on track! I need it. 

• Like 4